CHAPTER 5

PERCY P.O.V

I sighed, "My name is Perseus Jackson but, I go by Percy, uh and I'm 16. My mother's name is Sally Jackson-Blofis and, she's an author. My step-father, Paul Blofis, is an English teacher at Goode."

She nodded, finally seeming to get over her nasty attitude, "Well Mr. Jackson, do you have any other family that you could stay with while we look for your parents,"

"No ma'am not that I know of,"

"What about your father Percy, you've said nothing about him,"

Well, well, well, I had been wondering when this was gonna come up...

"He was a deep-sea fisherman, and has been missing since before I was born. Lost at sea, I suppose."

"Ahh"

She sounded unsure but continued anyway, "Well I am going to take a look in our database and see if you have any unknown relatives, I might need a DNA sample if you don't mind."

I nodded, and she went in the back. The lady returned a few moments later, with what I could only guess would be used to get my DNA.

I let her swab my mouth, knowing full well her intentions. She wanted to see who my father was so she could know if he was capable of kidnapping my mom and Paul or, to see if he was dead.

Well, the joke's on her because she isn't the first person to try this and she most certainly won't be the last. I don't know what happens when people try to find out who he is, but I do know that they could keep searching until the day they die and would never find anything. He's a god for Olympus' sake!!

I was also pretty sure that nothing new was going to pop up in the family department. I don't have any other relatives, at least I'm almost positive I don't.

The lady officer told me she would be back with the test results in 30 minutes to an hour. I nod as she leads me to the back so I can wait for a little while longer and continued with my thoughts...

But then again, no one had ever used a DNA sample. Maybe I would get different results this time. Most people usually just used Google. But, sometimes, if they were a little more sophisticated, some sort of ancestry website.

But still, you could imagine my surprise when the officer came back, with a slightly nervous expression (though I don't know why), and told me I have an uncle...

A/N: YAYYY!!! 421 words! That was our longest chapter so far! But don't worry they will get even longer than that with time. The next chapter will be the first with Tony's P.O.V! So that's exciting. Oh! And FYI the lady officer had a nervous look on her face because she had discovered Percy's "criminal" record. You know the drill...if you have any advice for me or you found something wrong in this chapter please let me know! Anything I can do to make my writing better I will do it. Thank You so much for reading, and be sure to let me know if you enjoy it.

-M :)