CHAPTER 14

PERCY P.O.V

I was still mad at Mr. Hotshot, but I was also super hungry, so I grabbed one of the many bags of chips in the limo's minibar and munch on those while shooting Uncle Tony (*shudder*) the occasional glare.

But that soon got awkward and boring so, I decided to start a conversation.

"So...Lady, uh that's what I was calling the officer who had on more attitude than makeup..." (I got a small smile out of that one), "Anyway, Lady told me a bit about you, but I still don't understand most of what she said. What is an Ironman?"

He looked at me as if I were crazy and said, "Do you not know who the Avengers are??" I didn't like the judgmental look on his face so, that's when the defensive walls came up... "Yeah, of course, I know who the Avengers are. That's totally why I asked." I gave him 'The Look' and rolled my eyes.

"Okay, fine asshole." (cue eye roll), "The Avengers are an elite group of Superheroes, although not all of us have superpowers, we all have a superhero name and some of us have secret identities, I'm Ironman, that's public knowledge, we have The Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Captain America, Thor, Spider-man, as well as others if we need them."

I nodded, not really understanding. I was about to ask another question when he jumped back in, "Sometimes we help S.H.I.E.L.D, a government agency, with problems like for example...inhuman threats, and terrorist..."

I got the feeling he wanted me to understand something about this S.H.I.E.L.D thing, but I was so confused.

"Oh!" He said suddenly, "You might get to meet a few of the Avengers soon! We're almost at the tower, a few are sure to be there."

I nod as I stuff another chip in my mouth and stare out the window, thinking about what Stark had just told me.

I mean, surely I would have known if there were superheroes in New York...

Right?

A/N: I know, I know, another short one, I'm sorry. I'm going to make them longer but tbh I don't really know what to put so if you have any ideas please put them in the comments or private message me. Also, super sorry about the wait again, I'm starting my Freshmen year but doing collage level work! So, with that said I'm not sure how often I will be able to update, I am thinking about making a schedule though...so please let me know if that is something you think I should do. Don't forget to Vote and Comment! Thanks for reading, see ya soon! (500 reads?!?!?! WHOOP WHOOP!!)

-M :)