Chapter Thirty-Four: Her Confessions

Denial is the ally of fabrication. A person can deny anything as well as fabricate anything to present it as the truth. As much as denial has served as a means of protection, denial has also been categorized as trouble.

Denial is trouble because denial is the deceit of the heart. Not only is the person forcing others to believe in the benevelance, but the person is forcing themselves as well. The past has no place for denial, for the sat will always seek it's vengeance against rejection.

Just as a boomerang, the past can be tapped onto it and you may throw it, but on the boomerang of denial, it will always return. Even if out of nowhere.
"Look I have specifically asked to be left alone. I'm sorry, but please come back at a later time" I sigh, trying to cover my exposed blotches with my face towel.

"Well that's not how you great an old friend, Now is it, Applehead?" She giggles, slipping through the door.

My eyes bulge. My heart quickens in pace. The hair on the back of my neck stand at full attention. Why did she come back? Why didn't she just continue ignoring me the way she has for years? Why come back now?

The questions antagonize my brain as she giggles at my bewilderment. She walks slowly, one midnight pump in front of the other. Her motive still unclear, but her smile is so genuine. Her chestnut mane flows effortlessly in body waved curls. She hasn't changed a bit, just as beautiful as she was years ago.

"Michael, You're the only guy who understands me" She sighs, swinging our hands into the air mindlessly.

I hide my blush, shrugging nonchalantly.

"I think it's something about the world. The world is so judgmental"

She nods in agreement, halting her steps.

"Michael. I have to tell you something" He voice falls into a near whisper.

A little concerned with her change if tone I squeeze her hand lightly and push for her to continue.

"What's wrong? Tell me" I smile warmly.

"This is hard. Very hard. I know what you've been through last year, but I feel I'm different and I just want you to know that" She stresses. Her dark eyes searching mine for attention.

"I know you're different. You're a very nice girl" I enthuse.

She frowns, lowering her bushy eyebrows.

"No. I don't want to be a nice girl Michael. I want to be your nice girl"

I furrow my eyes in faulty confusion. I know what she wants. But I can't give it to her. Yes, we enjoyed physicality's, but that's all. Well at least for me.

"Michael... I'm in love with you"

She can't say that. I can't love her.

"I love you too... I really do" I swallow.

My heart was made for one. That one has the heart of another. I have no heart to give. She simply can't have it.

"Brooke?" I question, finding my words within my astonishment.

Her giggles still bring an unwanted joy to my heart. Brooke just has a sort of affect on me. When I decided that I no longer wanted a relationship, she quietly backed down. Though she continued her life as if I never existed, I am well aware that she has had her share of tear filled nights. All because of me.

"Yes. It's me. Looks like you could use some company" She smiles, pushing a strand of her flawless curls behind her ear.

I gulp, the room becoming oddly dense. I don't know how she managed to find me. Well, actually how did she manage to slip past my security guards. Whatever happened, I wished someone would've warned me so that I could prepare to run.