Chapter Twenty-One: She's Falling

Love is an unconventional notion. It can be as bitter as it is sweet. Love can either lift you high above the heavens or drag you through the depths of hell. One minute you're on a cloud, no can reach you, no one can touch you. Next minute, you're exiled with poison of wrong decisions. Either way, love will always have it's control. You just have to learn to find where your heart sets.

Since the kiss between Tatiana and I, Jesse has been a bit distant. She smiles, but I see right through her mirage. She allows me to hold her at night, but it's just not the same. I've been yearning to talk to her, touch her or kiss her the way I did before the incident. What kills me the most isn't her lack of anger, it's the fact that she's not responding, not at all.

Though my relationship with Jesse has been awkward and mute, each day I still continue to drag myself to appearances with her arm linked in mine, pretending to be the happiest couple on earth. Though most of the tabloids have added fuel to the fire with the new speculation that I am having an affair with Tatiana.

I've become merely oblivious to the source of their lies. Tatiana and I are just friends. I have no romantic interest for her at all. Yes she's killer in the appearance department, but I'm in love with Jesse, not Tatiana. They (the media and tabloids), are too naive to see that.

"Michael, what's been going on with you? Is it about the kiss? I haven't told a soul, I know it wasn't meaningful..." Tatiana sighs, sitting on the steps of my trailer.

The Way You Make Me Feel is almost completed. We've just have to clean up the last scene between Tatiana and I then we'll be finished with the filming and on to editing. I actually couldn't be anymore relieved, it would give me more time to spend patching things up between Jesse and I. But for now, I'm going to feign through this shoot and call it a day.

Picking at a line pebble on the artificial gravel, I sigh heavily as well. I want that memory gone. I want the kiss to be no longer officiated with my brain. I just want amnesia.

"I should've did it. That's the point, now Jesse is distracting herself with longer rehearsals and longer productions. She has went completely mute on me. She only gestures things" I continue picking at the pebble.

Placing a supportive palm on my hand, Tatiana gives me a small, hopeful smile. I stare at our hands silently, configuring if her gesture is genuine.

"I mean if I had a guy like you and you kissed a girl like me... I would be beyond mutinously angry..." She admits, shaking her head at her own truth.

I feel sympathy for the woman. She's gorgeous and stunning. Legs to kill for, but she allows herself to be her only asset. Beyond her beauty is a small little girl who was evidently taught that beauty is the only thing that matters. I know there more to her than her exterior.

"Why do you say that?" I ask, honestly concerned.

Her big brown eyes meet mine, her hollow cheekbones, clenched as she fights the pain of her own thoughts.

"Because I'm the girl who cut a break because she can untie her bra. I'm the girl whose made it this far because she willingly let down her hair. I'm the girl whose mother and father expected so much as well as supported so much, but they never understood. Yes, I've dabbled into singing and dancing...." She pauses, inhaling deeply before she continues.

"I've been in many cover shoots from international magazines, but mine of it meet a thing in the world, I'm just another pretty face" She concludes, removing her hand from mine and staring blankly into the evening sky.

Remaining silent, I analyze what was foretold. She's just a lost little girl. She doesn't know what she wants. Much like me, she has everything, but nothing at all. That's why I rely on Jesse for my strength. Unfortunately Tatiana has no one to rely on.