Chapter Nine: Decisions That Follow

Reconciliation doesn't always equate to resolution. A problem can be solved, but a variable can very well still be missing. In my case, Bill has learned to accept Jesse, but still has his strong opinions that I ignore. Sometimes situations or equations are better left unsolved, because much like two negative points dividing into each other, you will end up with no solution.

A couple of days have passed since my extravagant date with Jesse. Through these couple if days a lot has changed; drastically.

Bill and I have come to a mutual proposition in just keeping our opinions to ourselves. I reiterate, he has reluctantly reconciled with the notion that Jesse isn't going anywhere and I love her. I'm just glad he finally decided to back down.

In addition to reconciliation of Jesse's and I relationship in Bill's eyes, Jesse also has also made the call back for Art Thou A Flower. Neither her not I could be more elated. I told her she can do it, and she did.

Further more, the last past days have also gifted us with another situation.

Since my bold move to have a public, private dinner with Jesse, the media has made a huge skeptical of our relationship. Some reporters made such accusations as:

"Jacko using poor groupie as his decoy to hide his sexuality!" Or they would even go as far as: "How many more girls will enter Jacko's heartbreak hotel?"

With each new head line for each passing day, I surprisingly stood strong. It was partially because I have Jesse here to support and kindle my ear with encouraging words. I don't know how else I would've been able to handle this chaos if it wasn't for her.

"Michael, Baby I've told you about moping about that crap. Come on, if you want to go to this round with me!" Jesse scolds, tugging me away from the television.

Today is the day Jesse had been waiting for, opposed to the first time she was waiting. Today Jesse will be going through her second round of casting for Art Thou A Flower. She has been blowing an iron gasket about this day, polishing on every number that was taught to her. I admire her determination, but I just can't seem to recuperate the backlash of the media.

I let out a long, drawn out grieve, allowing her to drag me towards the door. Bashfully, she opens the suites door to Rafael who was patiently waiting alongside Bill.

"You two ready?' Bill asks, referring to the mayhem that awaits us.

Stealing my hand and reciting a few breathing exercises, Jesse glances at me for confirmation before nodding at the two men.

"Alright. Lets go" Bill exasperates, escorting us into our new normal.

"In this world Michael, You need to be tough! No one has time for a damn sissy! If you don't learn anything from at least take this, people run over the weak. If you are weak Michael, they will run over you" He warns, his piecing green eyes, staring into mine intensively.

Scared by the urgency in his tone, I nod.

"I didn't raise no punk nor did I raise a failure, so get up and take this beating. Next time you'll do right" He demands, swinging his arm back with the belt clenched in his fist.

I won't do it again. I won't mess up again. I'll hit that spin. I won't get hit again.

With each sting of the belts contact with my willowy back, I recited those word over and over in my head.

This will be the last time. The last time Joesph Jackson hits, little Michael.

Her poise like no other. The elegance tapped within her grace as she glides. Her passion like a lit flame upon the stage. She's hungry. She's determined. She's ready for the world to know who she is. She's finally allowing her full potential to take flight.

Sitting in the darkest corner of the theater, I watch her audition. Taking note of her body. The way she can manipulate her body to conform to the music is mesmerizing. The swiftness in her leaps as she descends dramatically onto the floor. The spotlight humbles before her, illuminating her mocha skin. She's every bit of a dancer, and even more so a bodily musician, just perfection.

"You're right Mike, she's quite talented" Bill interrupts my trance, taking an empty seat beside me.

"Talented isn't the word..." I awe.

Leaning back into the red theater seat, Bill watches her silently before replying.

"You really love her, don't you?"

Finally giving him my full attention, I pick at my nails nervously. I haven't really been able to actually have an adult conversation about my relationship with Jesse, with Bill. Obviously because he was too into his own judgment, he wouldn't listen.

"I love her more than anything. If I marry anyone, I want it to be her..."

"I hope you two aren't getting married anytime soon!" His eyes bulge.

I shrug nonchalantly.

"If God let it be his will and if she asked me today or tomorrow I would marry her in a heartbeat" I honestly admit.

"Damn... I didn't think you felt that strongly about her. Wow." He sighs, rubbing his premature beard in lost thought.

"No. We have never had sex. I lied that morning because you really pissed me off. We were close, but she wants to wait. I respect that"

"I like her. She's changed you, for the better. I remember those other two. They just weren't right for you" He honesty admits, turning his gaze on me.

"The reason I was worried about you two having sex, was because I know you Michael... after that you detach yourself. I just don't want you doing that to her, now that I know she's genuine"

Genuine. All of the bickering and quarrels with Bill, all because he couldn't conclude if Jesse was genuine or not. I understand my other choices when it came to relationships weren't always peaches and creme, but I don't think that's a valid excuse to treat someone like a criminal, especially someone as sweet and kind as Jesse.

"Bill I will admit, I'm scared. I don't want them to hurt her, the way they hurt me" I frown, glancing towards the stage again.

Bill sighs heavily, following my eyes as well.

"You just have to make sure that you can be strong enough for the both of you. She may be used to the stories and the camera's, but now she's about to enter a whole other part of your world. I just hope she's ready"

I bite down on my bottom lip nervously.

I love Jesse to pieces, and wouldn't want to see her crumble to pieces because I drug her into my crazy life. I agree with Bill, I will be strong enough for the both of us and carry any burdens faithfully, but I can only pray that she is ready for the burdens that lie ahead...

To Be Continued...