"Oh well, the wall did a very amazing job slapping you so hard that you got your lips split"

Before I could come up with a more believable explanation I felt his hand over my elbow and slowly I was turned to face him.

His finger grazed over my swollen cheek again, I expected a good scolding and too many questions but what I didn't expect was for his warm lips to replace his fingers. I inhaled sharply as I felt his hands intertwined with mine and his soft breathing to match with my own.

"Relax, I won't ask you if you are not ready to tell me" His voice was calm and so soothing that I want to cry. What did I do to deserve just a gentle soul? "Let's work on healing it first. Wait here I will bring an Ice pack to treat it"

Saying that he left me on the bed and walked towards his small mini-fridge. Meanwhile, I fished out my phone and opened my message box.

Me: Kyungsoo, I will be there in an hour. I still have some work to do.

My phone tinged when I quickly received his message back.

Kyungsoo: No problem, Sehun is resting anyway and I've few errands to run. Let's meet in an hour then"

Baekhyun: Okay See you.

Switching my phone off I put it aside and that's when Chanyeol came back with an Ice pack. I took it from his hands and applied it as gently as I can. I didn't even feel anything until Chanyeol pointed it out to me. Not to blame me I was too used to injuries but this time it really stings badly. I swear when I meet that bastard again I'm gonna give him a punch harder than this.

"Does it hurt bad?"

Shifting my eyes towards Chanyeol once again my eyes softened, and I replied back with a smile. "No, just a bit stinging. Don't worry Chanyeol, it's nothing to worry about"

He was about to say something but stopped before his lips formed into a thin line as a frown marred his face. He opened his mouth again and looked at me in the eye. His gaze was firm but there was no coldness. Instead, I find it warm and relaxing.

"If there is something you feel like sharing, you know I'm always here Baekhyun"

I bit my lips to prevent myself from blabbering everything this instant but I can't and I won't bring Chanyeol in my mess. He was innocent and unaware of the dark side of me and its fine like that. I didn't ask him about the attack that man was talking about but I know Chanyeol still has no clue about me knowing about it. He should never find out.

"I know and I'm grateful about that Yeol"

He nods and sighs, stroking my head slowly, watching me amused as I wince and let out a string of curses. I hear him chuckle and get up from his kneeling position as he walks towards the drawers. I watched him confused as he rummaged through them and walked back towards me and sat beside me again.

"Turn around" I did as he said and faced him completely. He unclasped the cap of the tube and took some ointment on his finger and to my surprise, dabbed it gently over my split lips. Ouch! It hurts. My eyes teared, fist-clenching as I let him apply some of the medicine. "I'm sorry, just bear a bit more" I struggled to nod and gulp the bitter pain until he was done. He brushed a few strands away and stroked my head again before smiling. "Good Baby"

I felt my cheeks getting warm at the word 'Baby'. Why does he have to attack me like that! My mind cried out and my heart was about to melt. How can he say something like this, so naturally!

Clearing my throat, I looked away and pretended to attend my swollen cheek while he went back to put the medicine where it was before.

"Does it still hurt? Your cheek, does it still sting?" He asked voice laced with deep worry and concern etched on his face.