Part 45 | I Am Her Better Half, So

JENNIE

What a lovely morning to see Lisa at home again! I couldn't ask for more. I am complete. We are complete!

I can't believe my view right now. Lisa with the twins swimming at the pool. They're so happy to have her here now. I remembered how Lisa took care of them when they were born. And now, she makes sure she makes up with them for the lost time.

I also ensure to cook delicious food every day for her body can recover from the weight she lost for 2 years. But even Lisa is a bit skinny now, I don't know how she managed to be strong and still sexy as she is.

She got up and sat beside me to have her coffee when Luna and Lucas' nanny came in the pool.

"How can you be so sexy at 30?" I told her.

"How can you be so damn sexy and hot while pregnant?" She said. This sweet talker!

"Have you thought of a name already?" I asked her.

"Not yet, Babe. How about you?" She asked.

"I'm thinking of....a Japanese name that's starts with L too." I said and looked at her.

"Because he's made in Japan?" Lisa laughed and I did too. Yes, we're having a boy!

"Crazy. I like the name Leigh for a guy. And maybe we can have Jin as his second name for you too fulfill your Japanese beliefs, love?" Lisa smiled.

"Leigh Jin. Sounds like a girl's name. How about Leigh J'. That's it." I said and I really liked it.

"Alright. Anything you want. You're the boss here at home. We can't wait to see you my Leigh J'." Lisa said while rubbing my bump and she kissed me.

"Babe, I'm preparing a dinner next week to celebrate your come back. If it's just okay with you. You know. You've been here at home for 3 months already and never went out of the house. When are you planning to be back at the office?" I asked her while rubbing her face.

"It's fine with me, Babe. As long as it won't stress you out. Give me another month or two then I'll come back to the office." She said. There I understood she needs more a little time.

The night has come. I invited our families, close friends and people who were there with Lisa through good and bad times.

I can sense that she's a bit uncomfortable. Especially when her parents are around. I remembered how Lisa made me realize to forgive my Dad. Maybe, as her wife, I should make a way too for her and her family and siblings to reconcile again.

"Love, are you ready to come down? They're all here." I asked her when I entered our room and approached her.

She's sitting at the couch, drinking a glass of wine and just staring at the window watching our visitors.

"I'm---I'm nervous. I don't know how they look at me. How they see me. If I'm still the—" She said stuttering and her eyes are red. I hugged her and cupped her face.

"You never were. And we're really sorry if we made you believe you were. I am sorry, Love." I told her and my heart is starting to crush seeing my wife still affected with what happened. But instead of making her feel sorry for herself, I must lift her up.

"You know, why would we care to what others say? Maybe what's important is to move forward right? But I just want you to know, you may feel whatever you are feeling now and I am just here to listen to you and be with you every step of the way. I won't let go of your hand. You can cry if you want. You have me." I told her and she looked at me and I can see in her eyes that somehow, I made her scarred heart calm a bit.

My wife hugged me tight and I let her cry for a moment.

She told me to go down first and she'll just prepare herself.

When she came down at the backyard where we held the dinner, everyone is staring at her. Rosé, Seulgi and Jisoo were crying. Bam and Sehun controls their tears and our parents sobbed.

"Why are you all crying? I am still alive. I just got skinny because, hell man I gotta work a lot." She said while walking.

She took a glass at the bar corner and everyone is still quiet.

She drank it and took another one.

She needs it, I know.

"Whoa! WHAT A LIFE IT HAS BEEN!" She raised her voice a bit, we can't actually predict if she's mad or what.

Then she took a deep breath.
"Two years....two years being away from my wife....and kids. My businesses that I worked hard for, and you guys who are really important to me." She said as she sat on a chair. Everyone is still looking at her and some just looked to the ground. I am holding my tears.

"Mr. Smith, my ever so kind-hearted and dedicated Lawyer! You're here. I am so happy you're here. You're the only one who believed in me when no one was there. And I owe my life to you for that. Thank you so much. Also, do you happen to know Attorney Green? Her Dad's the cab driver who brought me to the hospital when Jennie was admitted. I heard she really helped you a lot too to find the truth and clean my name. Will you assign her to be my Lawyer for L' Group? So, you can also concentrate on my personal stuff and L'Arts. And have a vacation, man. Just tell me where your family wants to go." Lisa said smiling and thankful. Her lawyer is trying to hold his tears and smiled at Lisa.

"Mr. Tim, don't you know how happy I am right now? I am happy because I saw a trustworthy friend in you. To the person I least expected. My pilot! Cheers, Mr. Tim! Just tell me when you want to retire already okay? You don't owe your life to me. You've done your part well and actually gave me the best and safe flights of my life. Thank you for not telling anyone where I was." Mr. Tim cried in joy seeing Lisa here right now.

Lisa looked at us one by one. We waited for her to speak again.

She crossed her arm and leg while still holding the glass of wine.

"Jennie. Jennie has always been my strength in everything." She looked at me and her tears are starting to fall.

"And look, my tears are about to fall because looking at her, she's also my weakness."

"I couldn't blame my wife. I couldn't blame her for feeling that way and be disappointed because I know how much she loves me and trusted me since we were young. Thank you Jennie for finding me. You know, maybe the universe has a message. They don't want us to live apart from each other again because of this strong hold---because of this love we have for each other that's more powerful than gravity, Love." Lisa looks at me like I'm the only thing she sees right now. My heart.

"To my friends.." Lisa looked at Seulgi, Jisoo, Hanbin and Jungkook.

"To my family...." She looked at our parents, Sehun and Bambam.

"To my employees..."

"And to those people who I do not know personally but believed that I was innocent.....and even fought for me without asking something in return."

"Thank you for taking care of my wife and my children when I was not around.
I can't thank you enough.
Thank you for speaking up your mind."

"I'm thinking of another business in mind....So, let's get it on! Ugh. I'm hungry and craving for my wife's specialty. Let's eat!" Lisa's mood changed. She became so active in an instant. Bam and Sehun ran to her crying and hugged her. Our parents did too as well.

Of course, I huuged her and kissed her so deeply.

The night ended well.
And from that day on, I noticed a big changed on Lisa, but still I make sure I check on her from time to time.