Part 23 | Our Year 28

4 Months Later...

LISA

"Irene, is everything settled for next week?" I asked Irene as they gather around with Rosé, Seulgi and Jisoo.

"Yes, Ma'am. I think you have to share with your Heads about the plan." Irene suggested. I nodded.

"What day is tomorrow?" I asked the three while I'm munching an apple.

"It's your birthday, idiot." Rosé answered crossing her arms again while sitting on the couch.

"So, what's the plan, Lis?" Jisoo asked.

"I am going to propose to Jennie tomorrow." I told them.

Rosé and Jisoo are screaming in happiness. Seulgi choked on her coffee.

"Here. Everything is settled. We will all pretend that you will surprise me on my birthday. Irene has her own drama with Jennie already. Right, Irene?" Lisa said and Irene nodded.

"You better act well, Irene or else I will fire Seulgi so you won't see your crush anymore." And BOOM! I just revealed Irene's deepest secret. Of course, Seulgi choked on her coffee again.

"Lisa! You are ruining their own love life!" Rosé scolded me. I just laughed at them.

I had to leave the office early this afternoon. I need to buy a new white shirt for tomorrow. I also have a meeting in the evening with the band I will be producing.

MY 28th BIRTHDAY

JENNIE

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday, Lalisa! Happy birthday to you!" I welcomed Lisa's day with my lovely voice. She has the sweetest smile the moment she opened her eyes and saw me holding a cake for her.

"Thank you, baby! Wow! You baked this for me? I am also expecting for birthday sex."I just nodded and she blew the candle. Crazy Lisa. Later I will give it to you and you will surely love it.

"I woke up too early to make you one because you are so special to me, love. But then you'll ask for birthday sex? I will bring you somewhere else later. For sure you will love it!" I told her and she looks so excited.

"Better than my 27th birthday, love?" She asked.

"So much better" I assured her.

Irene and I planned for Lisa's surprise party. I am really thankful for Irene because she is very hands on and she understood whenever I can't come to meet the organizers because of my office commitment, mentoring schedules and tapings. Sometimes she would present to me some proposals and all I had to do is approve them.

I am so excited to surprise her since we didn't hold a party to celebrate her 27th birthday last year because she chose to donate the money in Africa. Knowing Lisa, she is very wise when it comes to money and she said she's already used to not having a party on her birthday. So, by this time, I will give my love what she deserves. I want to make her happy.

It's already 6pm and I need to go there first before her for the surprise. Good thing she has a meeting this afternoon so I didn't have to make some excuses anymore.

I arrived at the place at 645pm but I got curious. No one's around and the setup is different from what Irene and I planned. Why is the theme different?

I see bean bags, wine and cheese, popcorn, projector and a wide cloth screen?

I startled when I saw someone got up from lying down from the bean bags on the ground.