Part 43 | Sayonara, Takayama!

LISA

It's been almost three months already that Jennie went back to New York and I miss her. I miss her so fucking much.
We do video calls a lot even if our time zones are different. I adjust, I don't want her to get tired especially lately that she's been complaining that her body gets weak easily and sometimes dizzy due to workload.

Maybe I need to come back to New York and be with my wife and look to her schedule and office tasks and manage it or remove some and pass them to Tzuyu. It's about to promote Tzuyu too and Irene.
I need to see Jennie's daily routine at work. Knowing her, she's probably working a lot and when she gets home, she's still hands on to the twins.

Today, on my last day here in Takayama, I am going to make sure that before I leave, everything I planned for the people I value here is furnished and done already. All I have to do today is give what they deserve.

I woke up early so I can finish everything.

So here. I am starting with the family I was with for a month. The ones I lived with on the streets.
Kai and I picked them up and brought them to their house. We chose a house with vacant lot beside and we put up a convenience store for them to start a business. Everything is complete from rice to electrical supplies. It was Jennie's idea. She said, Takayama is a simple and beautiful place where people prioritize basic necessities. How lucky I am having Jennie as my wife. Not only pretty and smart, but also has a good heart.
When we arrived at their new house, they can't believe at first. Because they didn't know I am who I am, what I have in life and what I can do. So there, the couple cried and they really thanked me. I told them, I promise one day, I would bring my family here again for a vacation and see them. I hugged them. I left my number just in case they need anything.

Second, the scrap shop. The scrap shop is where I had the highest salary. Of course, just one stupid mistake could harm us. I used to earn, $3 a day, so not bad. I ordered three new advance metal cleaner machines for the shop and the owner is so happy as well as my workmates.
Mr. Kinotaki, our supervisor, the man who always listened to my dramas in life. The man who wouldn't let me pay my meals every time I eat at the shop when he brings food he cooked. The man who always teased me that I should go back to Jennie even before he met her.
I gave his son a scholarship grant wherever he decides to study in college. Mr. Kinotaki is a single dad, but of course, because of the little amount we get from our job at the shop, he really couldn't afford to send his son to the University. I also put up a motorcycle parts business at the central market for him. I noticed just one store that sells motorcycle parts in Takayama, and Mr. Kinotaki's shop will be the second. Man, I cried when he cried seeing his business at the central market. When I told him that I am going back to New York, he cried more and hugged me tight. Crazy.
I consulted this with Jennie and she said, it's a great idea.
Mr. Kinotaki is really happy to know that I am going back to my family. He used to scold me every time he remembers Jennie being a single mom in New York.

Third, Mr. Yukinari. I made him famous at the market since I called him Mr. Samurai. He is not actually good in chopping the fish when I started to work for him as fish cleaner. Imagine, instead we could sell 10kg at the restaurant, we only deliver 9.5 because he wasted some when he wrongly chopped the parts. I just made him believe that he is an expert by calling him Mr. Samurai that's why now he's really good at it lately.
No one will dare to become his fish cleaner because he is too strict to other people, he's only cool to me. I got him three fish cutting machine so he can expand his business more. From 10kg a day, he can produce 15-20kg more. So I teased him that he will be the one to wash the fish from now on.
He gave me a bottle of Sake with a written letter on the bottle. I will bring it to New York as remembrance. I really love this guy. He looks hard on the outside, but he's actually very emotional.

4th, The Motel. My precious hands were almost full of scars and burns every time I did the laundry for the sheets and comforters. It was really hard, man. I manually washed them. So, I dropped a big washing machine for the motel.
I also gave Eiji a plane ticket to Korea so he can meet his Korean Father or maybe live there if he wants to.

Fifth, the corn and flour store. I swear it really has no name and only to find out, it's an unregistered business. So, I encouraged Akari to register it, told her to pay taxes regularly so they won't shut down. Finally they named it as The Flour and Corn. Wow. So hard.
Since no one will deliver their goods anymore, I bought them a multi-cab with an open trunk behind. It's easier to find a driver in the area than a delivery man. Akari requested me to bring Jennie and my twins whenever we decided to come back. She thanked me for the cab and for the service I gave to their business.

Lastly, Mr. & Mrs. Hara. The couple who served as my parents at Takayama. The couple who gave me a home without really asking something in return. They took care of me when I fainted. They didn't judge me when they found out about the accusations, they even welcomed me as part of their family, even his son considered me as his sibling.
Their house is located near the central market and it's really a good spot for business. Beside their house is a vacant lot owned by a private individual and no one from Takayama is interested in buying it because for sure it's too expensive already. But Kai and I looked for the owner and he's actually selling it for a reasonable price. So why not. I bought it and we constructed a black and red, up and down restaurant. At first, the couple was very confused because I didn't tell them about it and they saw their big name installed in front of the restaurant.
I also bought a car for them. Whenever I use the old one, I kept praying and calling all the gods and saints I can mention. It was Jennie who suggested to buy a new one for them.

These people. They surely have a special place in my heart. This beautiful place is a place I will consider as one of my safe haven. A place that I will tell my kids about. A place that I will help whenever they need me as long as I am capable of.

Takayama. Thank you so much, Takayama!
It was indeed a memorable life.
Thank you for healing me.

To: MY LOVE
Baby, good morning. I know you're still asleep. It's 4pm here. I did it! I'm done here. I am finally leaving Takayama in a bit once we pass by the arc.
Kai is driving us to Tokyo now together with Hannah and James. Sorry I have to stay at our penthouse at L'Grand first for a week. Need to wait for something important.
Pick me at the airport on Saturday. I love you and I can't wait to see you! Call me when you can. Please hug the twins for me.
I'm missing you a lot, sexy!

Sent! Just one more week, Jen. One more week and I'll have you in my arms again!