Chapter Seventy-Nine

Mulai dari awal

      "Are you sure? Azula hit you pretty hard."

I put a hand in the air and manipulated the water vapor into liquid water. I put my hand to my head, and the water glowed blue. I felt instant relief.

      "See," I smiled, "Fine. Now, let me down and explain what I missed."

      Zuko nodded and set me down on the ground, "Come on, I'll explain on the way. We need to hurry."

      "Wait," Sokka said, "Before we go," he turned to me, "How did Azula knock you out? Were you distracted or something?"

      I blinked and thought back to when I was knocked out, "Uh... yeah," I nodded, "Distracted."

      Sokka shrugged, "I get it. That spirit was really intense."

      "Yeah," I said awkwardly, "The spirit."

Zuko shook his head and grabbed my hand, "Come on! We can't waste any more time. Even with this shortcut Misu gave us, we have to get there before Azula."

      "Right," we both started running again.

      "Hey!" Sokka yelled, "Wait for me!"

      "Hurry up!" I yelled back at him.

      "You were unconscious for the past thirty minutes!"

      "Did I ask?"

      Zuko turned to me as we ran through the forest, "Long story short, Noriko is my mother."

      "What?" I paused, "Wait, she looks-"

      "Keep running, Azula's on her way to their house."

I nodded and continued running alongside Zuko, "Okay, so Noriko is Ursa? I may not have lived with you until after Ursa left, but I know what she looks like. There were photographs of her. My dad knew her. That's not Ursa."

      "It is," Zuko said, "The Mother of Faces gave her a new face and a new identity. She doesn't even remember who I am."

      "That's," I thought for a moment, "Wow."

       "I know."

When we finally got to Noriko's (Ursa's?) house, we realized that we had, thankfully, beat Azula there. If Azula got there first... there would have been issues.

Zuko looked through Noriko's window to see her eating dinner with her family, "Good thing Misu's shortcut worked!"

      Sokka glanced at Zuko, "So ... that's really your mom?"

      Zuko closed his eyes, "That's her," he held onto my arm and turned to Sokka, "Listen. we're going inside. Can you stay here and keep a watch for Azula?"

      "Sure," Sokka nodded, "Anything you need, Zuko."

      I turned to Zuko, "I can wait outside if that's what you need."

      Zuko shook his head and squeezed my hand, "No. I need you by my side."

I nodded and smiled as Zuko knocked on the front door twice.

The door opened rather quickly, revealing Noren standing in the doorway.

      "Noren," Zuko bowed, "I know it's late, but I-"

      "I had a feeling you would return," Noren cut him off. He turned his attention to me, "Both of you."

      I blinked, "How would you-"