Chapter Thirty-Four

"You know," Katara was saying, "I really didn't peg Zuko for the type to destroy his life and future for someone else."

"Hmm?" I said, chewing and swallowing the chip in my mouth, "What do you mean?"

"Well, when you were telling me about that fire duel thing, uhhh what's it called again?" she motioned for me to hand her the bag of chips.

"Agni Kai?" I gave her the chips.

"Yes!" Katara clapped, "When you were telling me about the Agni Kai, it seems that Zuko knew the consequences of helping you, but he would rather get himself injured than you," she ate a chip. 

I rolled my eyes, "Maybe, but that doesn't change everything else."

"Yeah," Katara nodded, "He's a dick."

"Tell me about it," I paused, "How's Aang?"

Katara's face dropped, "He still hasn't woken up." 

"Will he?" I asked.

Katara looked determined, "Yes."

I smiled and got up, brushing the crumbs off of me, "Do you want to go train?"

"What?" Katara asked.

"Well, we're both waterbenders, so I thought we could train. Plus," I stretched, "I'm a pretty skilled firebender and with the invasion coming up, you guys should probably learn how to counter firebending attacks anyway. Besides," I held out my hand to help her up, "If you can beat me, you can beat Zuko," she took my hand and I helped her stand up. She left the chips on the ground.

Katara nodded, "I guess that's smart. Should I get Sokka and Toph too?"

"Yeah, sure."

Katara left the room to get Sokka and Toph. Wow, we've reverted to actually going to people to tell them things. 

I need to get these people phones. 

I sat on my bed, playing on my phone. I had a test tomorrow, but I'd rather play on my phone.

"(Y/N)," I looked up to see Zuko standing in the doorway, his shirt off. 

My face turned red, "W-what are you doing?" I glanced down at his body. 

He turned around, there was a cut on his back. It was bleeding. 

He pointed to it before turning back to me. He smiled sheepishly, "Don't kill me. I didn't mean too," he walked over and sat on my bed.

"Zuko! Who did this to you?" I motioned for him to turn away from me so I could see his back. He complied.

"No one. I was about to take a shower, and then I knocked over my glass of water. I went to clean it up, but I slipped on the water and fell back onto the glass," he winced, "It hurt."

I inspected the wound, making sure no glass shards were in it. It wasn't deep. I wish I could use waterbending. It would be healed in seconds.

"Why'd you come here instead of telling your father or Iroh, going to your family's doctor?"

"Ahh, why would I do that when," he turned around to face me, "I have you," He smiled.

I rolled my eyes and got up. I walked over to my desk to get my first aid kit. I turned away from Zuko to go into my drawer. 

I felt heat against my back. I turned around and Zuko was centimeters away. 

"Z-Zuko? Your back... sit down."