Chapter Seventy-Three

I woke up, feeling a pair of eyes on me. I blinked and rubbed my eyes, and my vision started to focus. Zuko quickly closed his eyes, trying to conceal the fact that he was staring at me. But, I saw him. 

   I yawned, "I know you're awake. I saw you staring."

Zuko laughed and opened his eyes, "You wish I was staring," his tone of voice was confident, but there was the slightest bit of uncertainty behind it. To top it off his face slightly red.

   "I know you were staring," I got up and stretched, "Your face is red, I can tell when you're lying."

"So what if I was staring?" Zuko brushed it off and got up wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me close to his bare chest, "I can't help myself." 

   "Wait until the press finds out," I teased, "I can see the headline. The Fire Lord is actually a raging pervert. What will the people think?"

Zuko raised an eyebrow and closed the distance between us. His tongue slipped into my mouth, and I pushed harder against him. Just as things were getting heated, he pulled away and turned around, pulling a shirt over his head. 

   "H-hey! What?! Zuko!" 

   "Who's the raging pervert now?" He started for the door. 

   "It's still you!" I crossed my arms.

Zuko laughed, "Maybe," he opened the door. Before he left his room he turned his head slightly in my direction, "Check my closet, I should have some of your clothes there. The rest of the team is meeting us here in a bit, and," he smiled, "Uncle is here. Go say hi," he left the room, closing the door behind him. 

❊❊❊

Zuko, Iroh, and I went to meet the gAang at the palace entrance. Azula was lurking, not too far behind. She likes to make an entrance, and I have bloodbending, so I wasn't particularly worried. 

Katara, Aang, and Sokka came to greet us. I noticed that Toph wasn't here.

   Katara glanced at Iroh, "Iroh! We didn't expect to find you here!"

Iroh smiled at her. 

   Katara looked at me and raised an eyebrow, "Staying at your boyfriend's place for the night, without a word to your roommates? What were you guys doing?"

 Zuko's face turned a bright shade of red. 

   I laughed it off, "Kat, how's your boyfriend?"

Both Katara's and Aang's cheeks flushed. 

   "Yeah," I laughed, "That's what I thought."

Aang shook his head and bowed to Zuko and me, "Thank you for inviting us to your home, Your Fieriness! It's especially nice to see you, Sifu FireIceWoman. We've been out of touch for much too long!"

   "Aang," I said, "He invited us all over... two days ago, and we text in the group chat every day."

   Zuko laughed, "I was going to say that."

   "I beat you to it," I grinned. 

"Yeah," he smiled, his eyes on me for a second. Then, he shook his head and turned to Sokka, Katara, and Aang, "Where's Toph?"

"She has this metalbending thing for college," Sokka said, "Now that people have learned more about metalbending, everyone and their mother wants to be a metalbender. Even the Yu Dao police chief went to visit her!"

   "We came as soon as we received your text. What's this about?" Katara cut in. 

"I recently obtained some new information about Ursa, my mother. It turns out she's from a small town called Hira'a on the outskirts of the Fire Nation. I'm going to look for her. Uncle Iroh's agreed to watch over things here while I'm gone," Zuko replied.