Chapter 36 - Epilogue

3months later...

A small snuffle and whimper pulls me from my sleep. My senses heightened and ears always listening out for any signs of consciousness from the crib across the room.

I barely get an eye open before I hear a voice. It's one I know and I feel myself relaxing back into the pillows as Zak tends to our baby, Parker Zachary Bagans.

"You're home." I yawn softly, pulling myself up in the bed.

Zak smiles in the night light as he scoops Parker into his chest. A topless chest, I may add.

"Couldn't wait to get home."

"Did a banshee tear your top off?"

"It's somewhere across the room, soon as I heard a grumble, I had to have snuggle time." He answers soothing a hand over Parker's head and kissing his temple. "How have you been?"

I nod. "All good. He slept almost 8 hours... He is gonna be hungry."

"Ah ta dah." Zak grins producing a bottle from his back pocket. "I made it before I came into the bedroom. Knew my little bug would be hungry soon."

With a flick of his wrist, the bottle is placed gently into Parker's mouth and Zak has him feeding. I watch as a small hand reaches out and latches onto Zak's pinky, making sure the bottle stays put.

Crawling out of bed, I go to the bathroom and then send a smile over to my boys as I leave the bedroom to then go to the kitchen to get a bottle of water. When I return, Zak is sat on the bed, legs crossed at the ankles, winding Parker who is kicking up a stink about having to stop.

"Oh my little man!" Zak laughs as Parker howls at him, after letting out a tremendous burp. "Ready? And go."

Parker is back guzzling in no time and the incident of one screaming baby passes.

"Likes his food." I comment as Gracie trots in now the screaming is over.

"I've missed the crying. It's weird..."

"What missing the screaming?" I frown.

"Finding the nights too quiet. I thought about ringing you a couple of times actually, just to hear some noise. Hotel room was too quiet."

"Well we tried the whole baby on the road and whilst it was okay, nothing could beat getting into your own bed."

"I agree with that. Plus my little dude loves his home comforts and Gracie."

"Oh!" I snap my fingers and reach over onto the night stand. "Watch this video."

When I play it, I watch Zak's face as love and happiness floods his features at Parker and Gracie both together. We worried that Gracie would run away from our new addition, but we soon found that Gracie was not only protective but in love with Parker and everything he does. A perfect match for forever friends.

When the video ends, I smile and shut my phone off, putting it back on the side, wanting to be more in the moment, especially when Zak finishes feeding Parker and begins singing to him quietly.

"You know, I tried that too."

"You did? And?"

I shake my head "My version of John Lennon- Beautiful Boy did not go down as well as daddy's."

He grins and begins singing again as I curl up beside him watching our little bugs eyes get heavy. When he finally goes to sleep and is settled back into his crib, Zak prowls over with a wicked smile.

"Now it's adult time."

"Is that so?"

"Well I haven't got the energy for anything athletic but some making out, heavy petting and snuggling is definitely on the cards."