Chapter 12

Against my better judgement, I decided over lunch that I wouldn't be telling Zak about the text message. I may come to regret it eventually, but right now, seeing how happy he was, it made no sense to disturb that. I had made my bed, now I have to lay in it, so to speak.

The vibe at the table was great and after lunch, Zak tracked down Bacon we headed to the next destination.

"Where has he been anyway?" I ask. He wasn't at breakfast this morning and had yet to check in with anyone, prompting Zak to hunt down his trustful assistant.

"He went to see some girl." Aaron replies making me use the back mirror to look at him.

"Really? What else?"

He shrugs "That is about it. He said he was meeting some girl that he got talking to online. He didn't add anymore.."

"Hmm."

"No." Zak says pointing a finger in my direction.

"What?" I reply innocently.

"You will not badger him for details. You will not find out who she is, let him have his privacy."

"Well you're no fun." I sigh before making the turn and finding the parking lot. Spotting two spaces side by side, I park up and watch as Billy does the same. "So is Bacon ubering?" I ask Zak.

"No he's at the hotel. Think he is staying put."

I nod. "Let's head in then."

When we hop out, we head down the dirt track and follow the signs for the trail which ran along side a steam.

"What is this place?" Zak asks beside me.

"Something I picked for you." I tell him honestly.

His hand comes down and picks up mine as we walk along, glancing up at him, I find him relaxing into the environment, looking so the trees over our heads or the stream that ran beside us. I knew Zak, and I knew this would ground him, the sound of water was important to him. Which is why he installed the water wall outside his front door, as well as having one for the swimming pool.

We pass a couple with a golden retriever dog, it's fur soaking wet from the water we were approaching.

"Cute dog." Zak smiles, reaching down to scratch behind the dogs ear.

"Oh my, you won't be able to get rid of him now." The woman laughs. "Ralph is a sucker for an ear scratch."

Personally, I'd die for Ralph and I've just met him.

Dog scratches over, we carry on until the trees give way, exposing the reason we are here. But instead of looking at the largest waterfall I've ever seen, or the cleanest water at its bottom, I look at Zak, whose chest has expanded as he takes it all in.

"Wow.." Billy says from behind me, as they all move past to start exploring.

Once myself and Zak are alone, I squeeze his hand "Is this better?"

"Elle..." he breathes watching as the water cascades down and Ralph makes a reappearance before a whistle sounds out and the dog bounds back to his owner.

"There isn't anyone here, just you and the crew.. Relax, revitalise, ground yourself." I tell him, letting go of his hand as I walk on to pick a rock where I intend to sit for the duration of this visit.

Looking at the crew, I find them taking it all in, taking photos and videos of how beautiful this place is. Which is when I finally relax against the rock and enjoy the view myself, letting the mist of the crashing water breeze across my face.