Chapter 11.

"Do you want to sneak off?" Zak whispers as I sip my fruit juice at the breakfast table, listening to the crew.

"Where?" I ask.

"Back to our room, obviously." He says giving me the look.

I roll my eyes "You have an insatiable appetite as of late. You better slow down before you burn out." He looks at me, offended that I'd even think such a thing of him. But he doesn't say different..

Whilst Zak was working last night, I had time to look at things to do around Altadena, and considering I had a seizure the last time we were away that put a dampener on the guys going karting, I decided it was time to make it up to them.

"What have you guys got planned?" I ask the table out loud, making Zak grab my leg under the table.

"We haven't really thought about it. Today we would be planning interviews and setting up." Billy says making Aaron nod beside him.

"So nothing.." I conclude before smiling. "Good. Eat up, and we will head out in an hour."

The pressure of Zak's fingers tells me that he would rather stay at the hotel and in bed but I can't let him waste a perfectly sunny day, no, I did some research last night and I planned to take a look at what I found.

Returning to the hotel room with Zak, was like walking with a scolded child. Getting off the elevator, I hear his huff. "What is it?"

"I would rather drag my balls over broken glass then go out." He says making me pause at the vivid description.

"You would?" I ask. "Even though you don't know where we are going?"

"I hate surprises." He grunts, taking the key card and swiping us back into the room. I watch as he sulks and throws himself down on the couch, obviously pissed that I hadn't spoken to him first. But instead of mollifying him, I get myself ready.

"Well, if you don't want to come, then stay here." I tell him, through the mirror as I fix my hair. "But it's a nice day, we are out of Vegas and I think you would have enjoyed it."

He flicks his eyes to me before returning to his phone.

"If there is an auction that you don't want to miss, then stay."

"Why do you want me to stay here?" He asks.

I frown "I don't, but broken glass and balls... Sounds like you'd rather be here." I wait for some kind of movement but when I don't see any, I hike my bag onto my shoulder. "See you later."

Pressing a kiss on his cheek, I head out, leaving him to sulk, alone.

The elevator gives me time to check my hair and fix my clothes, as well as feel disappointment that Zak wasn't interested in coming, but I understood that sometimes he felt the effects of an investigation. If he just said that, I'd get it, but the attitude, I don't.

Walking through the lobby, I am greeted by Aaron who grins. "Where is he?"

"Sulking." I answer stepping out into the sun and sighing with contentment.

"You two on the outs?" He guesses.

"No, he would rather waste a day in bed than see what I have planned."

"Fool. You know I am always excited for this day."

I smile at Aaron. "Well at least someone is. You riding with me?"

"Damn right."

Billy and Jay were already stood at one of rental cars, a few seconds later, Dakota comes bounding out letting out a relieved sigh. "Oh god, I thought I was late."