Chapter 25

Zak POV

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

"You're telling me?!" Elle snaps looking between me and the records. "How did- why wasn't this mentioned yesterday?!"

When the curtain is drawn back, revealing the doctor from yesterday, I watch the shift in Elle's eyes as she goes from confused to blood thirsty.

"What this fuck?!" She snaps shaking the record at him.

"Despite circumstances, I'm glad to see you both again." He says. "Now I can explain."

"Please do." Elle says throwing the file down and glaring at him.

Me? I'm still hung up on the fact that I've.. I've created a baby?

"There was a mix up of blood results from the lab yesterday."

"So I'm not pregnant." Elle says, causing disappointment to flood my soul.

The sensation makes me stop and I want to question my own reaction on that but I can't, as the doctor begins speaking again.

"No, no. You're pregnant. I have been trying to ring you, however it says that this number is disconnected?" He says pointing to Elle's information.

She twists her head "Shit.. Yeah that's out of use. I don't live there anymore."

He nods "Without your mobile number, I was unable to call you and for confidentiality reasons, I couldn't contact your partner here."

"So my vitamins?" Elle questions.

"The foetus is taking all the nutrients out of your system, with normal healthy women, like yourself, it can go undetected because of the vitamins are restored with food. However you were unable to eat because of your medication."

"You're pregnant." I tell Elle.

"I know." She says, wearing an even harder frown than before, most likely from confusion. "Are you sure about this? Because you said there had been a mix up..."

"We are absolutely certain that you are pregnant." He says wearing a confident smile.

"Fuck." She whispers looking away from him.

I'm about to reply that that's the reason we are in this position, but Elle jumps in.

"My medication. Will that, would that have effected..?" She does a swirling motion to her stomach.

"No. I've consulted with the neurological team on your behalf. The medication is revolutionary because of this. It gives other epilepsy suffers hope about starting a family. You're one of a few that have actually started this new medication in the area."

"Oh. Right." Elle's says slowly.

"I understand this is a lot to take in.."

"H-how far along?" I force out.

"We won't know until we've done a scan." He replies.

"Elle was shoved earlier, hard. Is there a chance we can get a scan done now? To make sure the baby isn't harmed?" I ask causing Elle to pin me with a glare.

I expect it was because I said the word baby, making this all 100x real.

"Absolutely."

"Really? I don't have to wait for a couple weeks and come bac-"

"No." The doctor smiles. "We can go down now, if you'd like?"

Her face is pale and I can see she wants to refuse but slides off the bed slowly and looks at me. "Are you- are we-"