Chapter 13 Hamartia

Începe de la început

Evolet was secure in the bubble, already floating on the water surface. She took a moment, appreciating the moonlight before she pulled the invisible Shinsu strings and manipulated them so that she could sink further down. It was dark in the lake, she mused. She remembers hearing Bam took the Administrator's test on Evankhell's floor for... her, Rachel's sake. With a heavy heart she wonders if the view she's gazing at right now was the same as what Bam saw during his test.

After taking a closer look, she could see the temple encased in a bubble, keeping it suspended in place without sinking to the unseen bottom. Evolet stopped near the temple and observed it first instead of charging headfirst into the bubble. This time it was a round hypaethral, and the pillars were modelled after the nine Muse. She entered the bubble with ease, silently thinking that it was always so easy. There was never any interference whenever she tries to retrieve the items, and there will never be. Because she's the only one alive allowed to enter the temples, such is the rule made by the Tower. The steps she took resounded loud and clear, the sound of water nowhere to be heard.

The cella looked exactly the same as the previous temple, except in place of the stone chest was a museum display case. And in the case were two plain black folding fans, each on their stand holder. As always, a spirit materialized when she stepped into the rune circle. Though she certainly didn't expect what occured next...

Silver eyes locked on her, widening slightly. There was a gust of wind and the next thing Evolet knows, she was met with an impact she hadn't braced for. She didn't get a chance to register what had happened before hands were all over her face, and the spirit was staring at her in fascination. It wasn't even a moment later that said spirit squealed and hugged her. Evolet was taken aback, utterly confused at the turn of events.

"You look just like the small version of Euterpe! It's so cute~ It reminds me of the old days! Come, come, Little Dancer! I'll make you the best dancer the Tower's ever seen after me! But let's fix the look in your eyes first, shall we?"

While she wasn't able to comprehend what the spirit speedily said, Evolet's eyebrow twitched as she noticed the word 'little' in her words. It seems like people consider her to be a child which... Technically isn't wrong considering their age gap, but still! Evolet huffed, forcefully getting the spirit off of her. "What kind of look in my eyes? I'm not that little... or a dancer for that matter."

Terpsichore's spirit, clad in white with white hair and silver eyes; too much white to her liking. As if reading her mind, Terpsichore frowned and flicked her forehead. Evolet's hands moved to cover her forehead, rubbing away at the pain. "You will be a dancer soon enough now that you've come to take my fans."

You ignored my first two sentences...

The display case opened at the flick of Terpsichore's hand. The two folding fans shut themselves before hovering over to Evolet and plopped to her hands. Evolet looked at the fans in her hands quizzically. That's it? Can she go now? She looked at Terpsichore who seemed to be in thinking mode, scanning Evolet from head to feet. "Hm... This won't work." Terpsichore decided, all the while staring at Evolet's eyes.

Another snap of her fingers and tea table set appeared with an assortment of sweets. Evolet contemplated if what was shown here is fake and if she should just leave. That thought was quickly casted away when Terpsichore threatened her to sit with a glare. Though then again, her reluctance melted away when she tasted the cake and got hooked on it.

By now she was munching on the sweets with a blissful and ignorant expression, not reacting much when Terpsichore cheerfully asked if she could style Evolet's hair. The only warning she gave to Terpsichore was to not cut her hair short. The fluffy hairpins were switched out for a simpler pair, and her tresses were thinned out; making it flow better. Evolet stared at the mirror Terpsichore had kindly summoned.