Chapter 24 Ke'Eric

"You've been here all day? What's really going on?" Liah asked me while I was sitting on the couch watching tv with my feet kicked up.

"Damn I can't just chill?"

"Yea, you be chilling, it just usually don't be here. And I'm so shocked right now." She said with a grin on her face.

I shook her off and turned my attention back to the screen.

"I'm just saying I can't believe you haven't hit the streets yet?" She said really aggravating the shit out of me.

"Yo you want me to leave?" I asked her. "That's why I can't be around your dramatic ass now bro." I got up off the couch to get my shit and leave.

"Where do you think you're going ?" She stood in front of the door.

"Out my way." I used my thumb and said.

"Nope."

I sighed.

"Oh I got this car now you wanna stick around?" She said folding her arms.

"Yo um tryna leave now I don't give a damn about that you do what you want to do Liah, you grown right !" I said looking at her.

"Oh" she looked off like she was hurt or some.

"So when I'm all on your back you want me to give you space I'm giving you space now you hurt? I'm here because I wanna keep my family." I admitted.

Honestly I do want to be with Liah. She's the first girl I ever loved. I did the things I did behind her back because I was insecure about her rejecting me when I ask her for sex. Egotism I guess...

But I'm done with that. I'm gonna do what I gotta do and stop making excuses.

"Damn." She whispered and tried to walk away but I pulled her close to me trying to make her look at me. She wouldn't.

"Why you not looking at me." I asked her.

She shrugged.

"It's just, you're so confusing at times." She said.

"Look who's talking." I said.

She rolled her eyes and sighed.

"So you're really here because you want to be and not because I want you to be?" She asked me.

"I promise." I replied.

"I'm sorry." She said.

"You don't have to apologize baby, I understand." I said grabbing her and  kissing her forehead.

We went to chilling for the rest of the night. My phone rang but if it wasn't an emergency I wasn't moving.

I had people to handle practically everything for me I could really lay low and watch them work.

I can't lie, this will be hard and I may jump back out there but right now, for the sake of my family I can't. Plus I want Liah to move in this new crib with me!