Chapter 15 Liah

"He doesn't even want you to finish school!" My mom yelled at me through the phone. We had been going back and fourth, arguing about Ke'Eric and I's "relationship"

"I have a child to take care of I don't need to be in school!" I yelled back at her.,

"Well he's the parent too and he ain't ever around, spending money isn't the same as spending time and you know what he's doing? He's paying to keep you in the house don't you think that's selfish?" She said.

I started crying because what she was saying seemed true. Ke'Eric won't even let me get my own car, let alone let me drive and Leon is just as worse. He's my brother and he's more on Ke'Eric's side than mine.

"You don't understand mom." I tried to deny her logics.

"Why are you crying then Liah? Because you know that it's true right? Liah what I want for you is the best. You're damn right I don't like Ke'Eric, being some ruthless thug that gets my 15 year old baby girl pregnant.

"Mom, it's done okay and I'm not gonna regret my baby for nothing or nobody!" I screamed. She was pissing me off.

"And I'm not saying you should because I too love my grand baby with all of me. But Ke'Eric doesn't love y..."

"He loves me!" I yelled. I was tired of her saying that shit.

"..... Well if you wanna be stupid and believe that then that's on you but I don't think Kanye should be involved in what you two have going on."

"What the hell does that supposed to mean? You're saying we're bad parents..."

No, I'm not its just.."

"Oh like you letting dad beat on you in front of your kids was acceptable." I snapped unintentionally.

The line grew silent. 

"I never said that you and Ke'Eric were unfit parents Liah, all I'm saying is that I know what's best for my daughter which is to go to school and do what she's always wanted to do in her life, become a physical therapist! You can't do that with Ke'Eric constantly keeping you in the house with a baby!"

"What else am I supposed to do mom!"

"Go to school Liah!"

"And what about my child?"

"I'll take custody."

"Custody? You want to take my child away from me?"

"I'm not taking him Liah, you'll see him everyday and take him home on weekends. You'll be able to go back to school. Stop depending on Ke'Eric because doing what he's doing he's not gonna be around for long then what are you gonna do!?."

I ended the call in Anger and sighed. Ke'Eric might be heavy in the streets but he always make sure we're taken care of and he gives me and our son whatever we want! That's love to me!

         I made sure my apartment was locked up before leaving to walk up the block to the store. I had called Ke'Eric but his phone went straight to the voicemail as usual.

The weather was pretty nice so I wore some Jean shorts that stopped just above my thick thighs. A red tank top with my Michael Kors sandals.

I was halfway up the block pushing Kanye in his stroller while he was sleeping.

"Say ma?"

I turned around and saw Jordan sprinting across the street in my direction.

"Sup Jordan." I spoke once he stopped in front of me to catch his breath.

"Where you walkin to?" He said.