Chapter 6 Justice

I stood outside near Juan's hummer after school and waited for him to finish talking to his boys. Before I knew, I started walking up the street to go home. I just felt sick and wanted to go home and lie down. Further more, it seemed Juan was making me wait on purpose.

Nothing's really been feeling right ever since I found out I was pregnant.

"Justice, we got plans remember?" I felt someone grab my arm but of course I knew it was Juan.

"I don't feel well I just need to lie down." I said looking away from him.

"Well that's why we goin' to the clinic right?" He said. I finally looked up at him before nodding.

As we sat in the waiting room waiting to be called I couldn't help but look at Juan who had skipped a seat away from me.

He was so sweet at first. He gave me things, he took me out and he would always tell me how beautiful I am. Guess that was his way of sliding through me.

I had gotten so caught up in thinking of Juan that I didn't hear my name being called which made him look at me. "Oh, um that's me, sorry." I said. "It's okay miss Paige is your boyfriend coming?" She looked back and forth between us. "Oh he's not.." "Yea I'll come." Juan cut me off and said.

After running some test we had to wait for a while. I picked up the stethoscope and placed it in my ears correctly. I glanced at Juan and smiled as I held the base asking if I could play nurse and use it on him.

He sighed before standing up and lifting his shirt over his head revealing his perfect tattoo covered chest and body. He stepped closer to me but I just felt this sudden rush....

I placed the piece on his heart and he flinched at the coldness of it. I giggled. "Hold still sir." I pressured him.

"How is it?" He questioned as I begin to place it against his back. Even his back had tattoos. "Niceee." I exaggerated. He probably knew exactly what I was talking about.

"You should probably get someone to spread some sporin on these scratches back here." I smiled to myself, knowing that I had done them.

He laughed a little before turning around to face me. "Damn they still haven't heeled yet?" He grinned down at me, licking his lips.

"Okay let me check your ears." I said reaching for the machinery ignoring his little flirtatious shenanigan.

"Aye be careful with that girl." He jumped a little as I swung it around in my hand . I giggled before grabbing a few ear covers to cover the naked end. "Bring me your ear." I said. He turned his head before leaning in to me. I placed the thing in his ear and looked inside. "Wow?" I laughed. "What?"

"You should definitely purchase some q-tips." I joked.

He sucked his teeth, "mane ain't nothing wrong with my ears. Let me see yours."

"Okay." I changed the covers and handed it to him where he put it to my ear. "You should get another piercing up here." He gently pulled at the top of my ear lobe. "Juan you're supposed to be checking the inside of my ear." I reminded him. "Dang calm down girl, can't help it you got some pretty ears." I felt his teeth slightly pull at my lobe. "Juan cut it out." I demanded becoming serious. I wasn't for his little off and on, hit it and quit it mood swings. He looked at my serious face.

"Why you acting?" He said kissing my cheek. It would have been my lips if I hadn't turned my head.

"No you're the one whose acting Juan, we're gonna leave here and then you're gonna start back treating me like shit." I looked down in shame.

"Look Justice, I told you that I been busy, you can't read my mind you don't know what's going on with me, and when you saw me with Alicia I was just talking to her about something that concerned me. I do like you, I just had so much shit going on, Give me another?" He said.

"We can get through this,, together." He pecked my lips.

The nurse knocked and came in the room. "Ms Paige."

"Yes ma'am." I said getting myself together.

"Umm,, we're going to have to do another ultrasound because we didn't detect a heartbeat using the probe, but we don't want to get all worked up it could be ."

"Wait..What?" I said my eyes bucked. Juan looked lost but I could tell that he knew something went bad.

"I'm sorry ms Paige but the test that we've run revealed that the embryo is deceased, we detected no heartbeat." She said.

"It could very well be the reason you've been feeling really sick." She said putting the gel on me.

"I'll just wait in the car." Juan said walking out immediately like he was mad.

Juan got up and walked out of the room, like he was mad so I had to sit and cry through the entire procedure.