Chapter 18 Raven

I sighed shutting off my car engine.

"Mama!" Raleigh yelled.

I looked on the back seat at her.

"Yes?" I smiled.

"Mama!" She smiled.

All she does is shout mama lol. It's Hilarious!

I was bringing Raleigh to the baby carnival in the mall today. I rarely spent time with my daughter since my aunt was her legal guardian.

I took her out of her car seat pulling down her pink and white flower rumper. She wore white sandles with a bow around her curly hair which was in puffy pigtails. She looked just like him and everytime I look at Raleigh I think of how wrong I am. She deserves to know her father no matter how much everybody will hate me!

Walking through the semi packed mall I managed to make through the crowds pushing Raleigh in her stroller. She was already excited when she saw the carnival. Sadly, all I could think about was all the fine ass niggas walking around. They weren't gonna give me any attention while I had my daughter.

After paying for bundles of tickets I went to get some cotton candy before making my rounds at the different activities. Making my way to the stand I spotted Leon with his son and another girl who I'm guessing was his son's mother standing in front of me. I stood in line hoping that Leon wouldn't notice me. I watched as he answered his ringing phone stepping out of the line while it kept moving so now I knew he could see me.

After a few minutes I felt a tap on my shoulder. Turning around, Leon smiled giving me a simple head nod. "Sup Raven." He spoke. "H-hey Leon." I smiled.

"Who you up here wit?" He asked slightly looking around me glancing at the stroller,

"Oh, this is my um, my niece." I lied. "I didn't know you had siblings." He said. "can I see her." He asked. I nervously nodded. Turning the stroller to face him. I prayed to the dear good lord above that Raleigh wasn't gonna call me 'mama'

Leon looked at her for a while before smiling. "Hey baby girl." He said. I peeked to see Leigh's facial expression and she was smiling.

"Damn, she look just like you." He said. "You show she ain't yours." He chuckled.

I falsely chuckled , "yeah."

He looked up at me for a moment making me feel the way I once felt f... Well it's not important.

"You look good ma." He said.

"...t-thanks Leon. Umm, I should get going, this ticket line is too long for me." I chuckled jokingly.

"Yeah, shit is kinda long. See ya round shorty." He said. "Aight lil ma." He took another peek at Raleigh and smiled making her smile.

I watched him as he walked off, back over to that girl and child.

I can't believe I've been holding this back for so long. It's sad and stupid of me to hide my daughter from Leon. I know what we've done in the past was a mistake and a two time fling and we vowed to never catch feelings, but he's the father of my daughter.

It happened, I can't take it back, and I wouldn't take it back even if I could, not even for sky!