"Draco. I swear to god if you don't get your ass out here in the next five minutes I will throw you off the astronomy tower so you can learn to fly."

I rolled my eyes and walked out of the dorm, smoothing my hair as I walked past Blaise.

"Where are your wings?"

"I hid them dumbass." I looked at him with disappointment.

"Oh, why?"

I rolled my eyes and explained that I can only have my wings out when my shirt is off, otherwise all my clothes would have holes in them and it would be very awkward to get changed. We met Pansy on the way to the Dining hall and talked about classes. I looked at my schedule as we were walking and smirked. I was really excited for my first class. It was potions with Snape. We were only go to be reviewing things from last year but I didn't mind.

"Oh by the way, we're going to sit with Xavier."

I looked up at Pansy. She was staring at me expectantly.

"Why? If he wants to sit with us then he can, I don't want to go over there."

Pansy rolled her eyes,

"Professor Snape asked me to make sure he makes friends."

I lifted my eyebrow, Snape had never asked anyone to do that before,

"Why did he ask you that?" 

She shrugged,

"I don't know but he told me that he would try to give me less detentions this year."

"Well, why don't YOU sit with him by yourself then?"

She shook her head,

"Draco, he has never spoken to me before, but I've seen him speak to you before."

I scoffed and glared at her. 

"Yeah, we talked at Diagon Alley when I tried to put him in his place and he called me a brat."

Pansy sighed and rubbed her face.

"You do realize that the sorting hat is inclined towards begin loyal to Gryffindor's right?"

I raised my eyebrow, not knowing why that mattered.

"Slytherin has the least amount of members because the hat tries to sort as many students away from it as possible. Xavier must truly be like a Slytherin in order for him to be in the house. Plus he can speak snake language, you know that only Slytherin's can do that, and Potter but he's lowkey a Slytherin.

I was about to snap at her calling Potter a Slytherin when she plopped down near Xavier,

"Sit."

I sighed and reluctantly sat across from him. He looked up at me as we sat down and stopped stroking his snake.

"Hello, I'm Pansy. Pansy Parkinson."

She smiled at him. He didn't smile back.

"Xavier."

He looked down at his snake and spoke to it. I scowled, there were real humans near him, why didn't he speak to us?

"This is Jafar."

Pansy watched as Xavier pulled apart some of his bacon and fed it to his snake.

"Isn't bacon supposed to be bad for snakes?"

He shook his head,

"It's just meat. It's not cooked."

I bit my cheek. He did not look interested in anything she had to say.

"Would you like to sit with me and my friends during classes?"

He looked over to Blaise and I. Blaise was too busy drinking his tea and I just stared back. He was watching me carefully.

"Do you want me to sit with you?"

I frowned. Why'd he ask me that? 

"Why do you ask?"

Xavier leaned back slightly.

"I was under the impression that the Great Draco Malfoy doesn't sit with 'Mud-Bloods'."

I raised my eyebrow, did the air quotes he made indicate that he wasn't in fact a mud blood. But if that was the case, what family did he come from? I bit my lip.

"So I ask again, Do you want me to sit with you?"

Pansy looked at me and nodded vigorously. He eyed me again and I nodded reluctantly, knowing I would receive an earful from Pansy if I said no. He looked me up and down before nodding,

"Ok, I'll sit with you, on one condition."

I stared at him warily, what could he want?

"I will sit with you, on the condition that you don't be a brat again."

I grit my teeth. The nerve. I tightened my jaw,

"Fine."

"Well, welcome to our group Xavier!"

Xavier nodded and looked over at me, he smiled slightly and went back to reading the book he'd brought to the table. Jafar looked at me and then looked at Xavier. Jafar spoke to him and looked back over at me.

"He likes you."

Xavier was looking at me with a slight smile. I stared at him for a little longer than necessary. His lips were curved in a downwards smile as he looked at Jafar fondly. I started at myself. I had only just met Xavier, he'd been a prick to me and yet I was looking at his lips?! Fuck sake.