CHAPTER FIFTY THREE

Start from the beginning

"Rijin!! I'm home!! Where are you? Do you wanna help me make some eggs"

The house responded with silence.

Doubtfully she checked her room and found her missing. That's when her eyes laid on her phone. Message notification light was blinking.

She opened it to read a message from Taehyung,

I'm taking Rijin for a walk. Will text you later. Don't worry about us. :)
Oppa

Suspicion filled her insides.

Why is oppa taking Rijin? And where? Did something happen?

Just then the door bell rang. Before she could attend to it, it already rang more than 15 times and even a few harsh bangs fell on it.

She hurriedly opened and Jungkook came barging in without an explanation.

"Where's Kayei?"

"Who?" Jaeji asked puzzled.

"Where's Rijin ??!" he corrected restlessly.

"Oh she just left with oppa, he said he was gonna take her for a walk"

Jungkook's eyes froze and his hands made a fist,
"What?! Taehyung? WHY DIDN'T YOU STOP THEM!!" he shook her shoulders and yelled.

She was scared and clueless why he was reacting so violently, unlike his usual self-centered self-conscious behaviour.

"I'm... I'm sorry, I wasn't here when they left. Why? what's the matter? Tell me"

Jungkook forcefully jerked her off and held his temple in worry. He immediately pulled out his phone and dialed the number,

"The number your trying to to connect is out of reach"

"Shoot!! It's gone now" he cursed.

Jaeji looked worried too because she had no clue what was going on,
"Jungkook what's happening tell me, is something wrong with Rijin?"

He then dialed another number completely ignoring her presence.

"hello Jungkook, we are on our way there to your home"

"No No. Follow Taehyung, he has Rijin. QUICK!! Jaeji is safe. Taehyung has kidnapped Rijin"

He spoke making Jaeji widen her eyes in shock.

"Di-di you just say kidnap? My brother?" She got tears in her eyes,
"WILL YOU TELL ME WHAT'S GOING ON FOR GOD'S SAKE?"

He glanced at her and sighed,
"The murderer is Jimin, we have proof"

Her throat was stuck with a huge lump of guilt and it denied to release any sound other than broken words.

"But ..."

He continued making her shiver with anxiety.

"There is one person who has helped him all this while to execute his plans" Jungkook said "that's someone we both know...

...Its Kim Taehyung, your oppa"

Her heart skipped a beat and she closed her mouth taken aback. Her legs were glued and her hands were stiff. She couldn't believe what she just heard. It felt like this was half true and half dream. She wanted to pinch herself to check but her hands were refusing to even flinch. Her eyes subconsciously became teary and they sparkled in sorrow.

"I know it's too hard for you to believe. I didn't believe either but I found out with the help of his locket"

"lo... Locket?"
She looked at him half crying half clueless.

"The locket was in Rijin's hand and it was the murderer's locket that was dropped when he kidnapped minah. I found that one photo in it was Jimin but then Jimin already had a similar locket on his neck so it must be the other person in it-"

He explained to her the whole deduction process he did to arrive at his conclusion to Jaeji. She then realised the missing locket from Taehyung's neck the other day that she noticed but barely took it seriously. She regretted not trying to find it back, she regretted not noticing it earlier and guilt filled her insides for ignoring it that day.

"Then my dad sent me a photo of the person he was tracking, known to be the prime help of these murders, the photo surprisingly matched with Taehyung's childhood ones which you had"

"But I don't understand why would he do that in his right mind?" Her voice quivered in denial "you must be mistaken. Why would he team up with Jimin to kill Rijin? What does he hold against her or even against the other girls they've killed?" Jaeji's eyes got teary and Jungkook pursed his lips.

"But now we don't have time fir this. We need to find Rijin. She is his next victim. If we don't-" Jungkook heaved "we might lose her forever"

His words piercee her numb brain. She then wiped her cheeks and sniffed in determinedly,
"I think I know where he has taken Rijin. I maybe wrong but I know him well so let's search this place first"

Jungkook nodded and they immediately started off to the most creepiest place they Could imagine for a ten year old boy's hideout.

The tree house in the woods.

"That's where he keeps all his hidden things from getting noticed since he was a kid,

If what you're saying is true then he must have taken her there"