Bet

"Thank you for coming." Harry opened the door for Niall. "And for bringing the goods." He chuckled at Niall carrying as many snacks as he could handle.

"I got more in my car if we need it." He started passing snacks off to Harry.

"I think we'll be good." He was sarcastic as he spread out the food on the coffee table. It was enough to feed a small village. How does his family manage to support this boy? Their grocery bill must be astronomical. "Seriously, though. Thanks for being here."

"May as well be miserable together right?" Niall threw himself down on his couch.

"That's the spirit." Harry threw himself down next to him. "What do you want to watch?"

"I don't know. Something that doesn't involve a bullshit romantic storyline." Niall suggested as he tried to decide between two Ben and Jerry flavors of ice cream.

"How about something raunchy and terrible?" Harry kept scrolling through their Netflix.

"Perfect." He decided on the cookie dough flavor.

Harry decided the other one was fair game. "We're sort of pathetic aren't we?"

"What are you talking about?" Niall asked through a mouth full of ice cream.

He couldn't help but laugh at the goof. "I mean all of our friends are probably together having fun and we're...wallowing in our ice cream. It's a bit cliche isn't it?"

"Honestly, this is still probably what I'd be doing on a Monday night if I wasn't completely lovesick over a girl who is in love with one of my closest friends."

Harry nodded in agreement. That did sound like Niall.

"But I'm glad you're with me." He nudged him in his side. "We don't need those guys."

"What am I supposed to do, Niall?" Harry sighed into his pint of ice cream.

Niall switched from his ice cream to a Dr. Pepper. He gulped half of it down in a matter of three whole seconds and then belched with all his might. "I don't think there's anything you can do." He leaned back in his seat.

"I mean we're all friends. Do I ignore him? Play nice? Isolate myself for the rest of Junior year?" Harry thought aloud. Seeing Louis at all after the conversation they just had seemed near impossible.

"I don't know. But we don't have to figure it out tonight. At least we have each other, right? We can always ditch again." Niall suggested.

"True."

Niall checked his buzzing phone. "Liv." He filled Harry in before clicking the reject button.

A few moments later, Harry's phone was buzzing. Liv. Niall gave him a pleading look that told him not to answer.

"I don't want her to think I'm mad at her." Harry felt stuck.

Niall waved his hand agreeing to let him take the call.

"Hey, Liv. What's up?" Harry answered.

"Harry? Where are you? What happened today?" She was shouting which meant she was either drunk or...no, it pretty much meant she was drunk.

"I went home. I'm okay. Are you still at Anna's?"

"Yeah...Zayn's going to take me home now." Harry met Niall's sad gaze. He could tell that he heard her through his phone. "It's not the same without you and Niall! It's kind of weird without Louis too! Oh, whoops. Thank you, Zayn. Zayn's putting my seat belt on for me." She whispered into the phone.