As I got closer, I saw how her face was troubled and I swallowed the agitation caused by her expression and cleared my throat. "Will you dance with me?" I asked her. Her eyes sharply shifted to mine and as if she was contemplating the question, she remained silent for a moment. "Um...will you?" As if she got out of the trance, she shook her head and tried to smile. I was on cloud nine when she uttered 'yes' and I didn't waste time and led her to the site where others were dancing as well. She took my shoulder and my hand while I positioned my palm on her small waist. We commenced our slow movements as we glided to the music that filled the room in silence. More couples joined the floor and it became so peaceful. Her eyes didn't meet mine for long as it remained descended to my chest as we moved. "You really look so pretty and... Thanks for accepting my request" I smiled as she averted her gorgeous pupils to mine. If this moment was a dream, I would never want to be awoken. If this was real, I would want this to never end. I felt like I was the happiest man on earth and I couldn't contain it as I reflected into our dance, swirling her and swaying back and forth giddy with the newly bubbled emotions.

Third person's POV

The symphony filled the hall with excited hearts and minds that took rhythmic steps so effortlessly, so foolishly blinding their eyes for once tonight; to escape the dark times that fill the days; wearing them out with the worldly worries. But no one could see the tension that resided in two hearts that bled purposely for each other.

Though their bodies wear restricted to others, their souls were craving to reach for their true desires. The dance continued as they moved, only for their eyes to be fixed on other-than their partners.

The movements became more sluggish to the last part of the melody and then it happened. The time ceased for no one but her as she watched the horror that she dreaded to happen before her

When Megha kissed V, she died a million times. Petrified in her state, Mihan couldn't understand when she froze for a moment. He couldn't decipher what was happening as he still faced her holding her in his arms.

A whole new rush of emotions created havoc in her that she sought a release. On the other hand, V was shocked too and just as he whipped his head to gain her sight, she disappeared.

Mihan was confused but he followed her, running behind as she took off with a speed that she only had. Tears choked her throat and clogged her eyes as she reached the entrance for some air. She felt suffocated and it was hard to take in the least bit of air that she thought existed. She was hurt, it took everything in her to witness their closeness but the kiss was something unexpected. V might have taken it too far but only he didn't know for himself that it would happen. He followed suit after she left as his mind and his inner beast went crazy to find her.

Meanwhile, Mihan was able to stop her but only she didn't turn and show him her face. She was holding it in which was so difficult for her.

"Are you alright?" His voice was full of concern and worry. He was even trembling with anxiety.

She took a deep breath and lifted her head to threaten the welled up tears from falling. If she survives this out, she's definitely going to be proud of herself.

"You're scaring me. What happened?" He tried to turn her and when he did, he was shocked to see her gleaming eyes. She managed to conceal the pooled up tears yet the slight evidence still remained behind. She quickly averted her gaze uttering, "I'm fine, just...felt a little suffocating"

He didn't buy that obviously. He knew somehow that she wasn't herself like the one he saw when the event started. It troubled him to be kept behind the barrier that she had built so he did what a sane person could've done. He pulled her into a hug surprising her and himself. She was taken back but then she needed it more than anything then. Her dam broke and she clenched his suit and wept silently.