Chapter 25

I was startled but his passionate kiss quickly dragged me into his world that I gave in completely, melting into his heated mouth. His hands held my face while mine crushed his suit at his waist. His tongue slipped into mine and he gently pinned me to my apartment door earning a shameless moan from me. All my thoughts vanished as I tried to concentrate on him; Him only.

We both parted for air as we panted heavily, still, our eyes locked upon eachother.

"Whatever that's going on in your mind... I want to know. Don't just push me out. I hate it when you're bothered" he finished by pressing his lips to my forehead. Tears were already swimming in my eyes even though I tried to keep them at bay.

"Okay?" He asked and I nodded this time and embraced him tightly and that made him lift me off my feet earning a chuckle from me.

"Okay, let's get you to your office" he didn't put me down as he started walking out.

"Vikram, put me down. I can walk" I squealed but honestly I was enjoying it, his body pressed to mine, his arms safely holding me and his laughter that calms me... just feels awesome.

The entire trip to my office was silent again but occasionally he got some calls and I just tried to scroll through my messages

The entire trip to my office was silent again but occasionally he got some calls and I just tried to scroll through my messages. There were none from Dhruvi. I hope she's doing fine since she hasn't contacted me nor did I for the past few days. It's uncommon that we actually go a day without texting each other. 

I assume she's busy with Aadhi. I mean, of course, when I'm with Vikram I totally block the outside world so it goes the same to her too, right?

"Aadhya"

His husky voice brought me back from my trance and I titled my head to him. "Are you okay?" he narrowed down his eye to me, again worried.

"Yeah. I'm totally fine" I smiled leaning back to the headrest. But the way he still stared at me told me that my answer wasn't satisfying.  Before he could say anything, I slipped off the seat belt.

"I'll see you later. Have a good day!" saying I got down the car and waved him bye and walked straight into the boutique.

I don't want to affect his mood by zoning off like this.

I waited for the elevator for complete 5 minutes, gradually growing impatient. Just when it opened, I bumped into a big figure and jolted back a little.

When my eyes fell upon Mr. Sandeep, I gasped and immediately apologized to him. He frowned and examined me for a whole minute making me feel confused about his stare.

"Why does my young lady has a dull reflection?" He cocked his head to his right playfully taking me in.

"Ah...no, Sir. I'm fine" I nervously let out a chuckle, tucking a strand of her behind my ear.

"Oh no. I can read faces. So no lies" he laughed and smiled big.

"Whatever it is girl, you're still young so let your mind wander because it'll settle soon and when it does you'll know for sure the answer for your questions" he tapped my shoulder and walked past me with another well dressed woman who worked in the same office I guess. I nodded at him before he took off.