Chapter 15

The most awaited party of the year where celebrities and rich people flaunt their wealth and their caked up faces and prideful jewels, seemingly overwhelming the poor on the other side. It's totally a different scenario when you have to keep yourself self-conscious about the surroundings and how you behave and what you express when it comes to these mindless moneymakers.

I was nervous, beyond nervous when I tried to fix my hair the tenth time and checked my dress for hundredth time. It was gorgeous and I never knew I would wear one, much to just design it. Elena suggested that I should go with it, moreover it was our brand and designed my one of the top most fashionistas of our company. It was truly an extravagant event so to attain it's standard, it is the least I could do. I loved my whole self in this attire, as if it was made by my fairy godmother herself. The shape, the length, it fit me in right places and revealing the right amount of skin. Thanks to my waxing session with Elena earlier this afternoon. She literally dragged me to her friend's salon where we got a good sum of discount and I was glad that my purse wasn't crying yet. I took the makeup box, and started fondling my face with the costly powder that got adsorbed on my skin like a second layer.

To add a little bit of classy element to my face, I applied a darker shade high lighter and some shimmery swab to my eye shade. Overall I didn't go overboard yet not too subtle. Stumbling on my toes, I picked up my new set of heels from the box and took it to the bed. They were neatly wrapped in a soft paper and once I uncovered it, the shinny ones greeted me with a heavy grin. The perfect ones for the perfect dress.

Though it cost a lot more than I expected, I had to buy it to match the dress. You know, the first expression is your shoes that gives away.

"Sweety, you ready? I'll be there in a minute" Elena voiced through the speaker of my mobile.

"Yes. I'm finished here!"

"Okay then, get down now"

"Already there?" I was surprised that she came pretty soon. I gave myself one last look, taking my small purse that went with my dress and hurried down my apartment. It was 6 in the eve and a little downpour previously in the afternoon left it's remains on the road, trees and the inanimate objects. I struggled to keep my floating fabric up so that I don't mess it up with dirt.

"Careful there gorgeous" Elena opened my side of the door and I got in quickly adjusting my outfit into the space I had.

"You look marvelous! Probably you should've attended the modelling school rather designing? But you're skillful anyways" she pecked my cheek and I did the same.

"Thanks Elle but you know what? I would've been hanging on the wall just as a remnant if I had done modelling. My father would kill me" I enacted encircling my neck and she laughed.

"Let's hit the road first and next the party! Gala, here we come!!" she raised the accelerator pressing it hard before releasing the break and we fled through the city.

>>>

The whole area was flashing and smoking richness. A long red carpet awaited the cars and when we glided on it, the cameras went on, blinding us.

"Seriously, these people will take the light of our eyes!" Elena muttered annoyed. When we got to one of the entrance, we were guided to another because the main one is only for the esteems.

The large entrance came into my view and we both got out immediately after passing the keys to the valet. Elena helped me adjust my dress again and we started our sojourn into the castle like building. Words cannot describe how gigantic the place was and oh, the décor, I may not find enough words to describe it. I was in awe, jaw dropped to the floor as I dragged myself in. The ceiling was alive with all the chandeliers and paintings and the floor was illuminated with candles and flowers all over.