Chapter 53.1

(Flashback)

I know for a fact that my sister Hannah loves Nico as well.

I speculated it during the last few years.

During the years that they have been apart, Nico was the only who was very showy when it comes to loving my sister.

He went for a preceptorship under my company four years ago whereas artists will participate in an immersion for a year in the world of art under the person they want. In Nico's case, he wanted to be under my supervision.

During that intensive training, there was never a day that goes by whereas he did not ask how my little sister is doing or when she will come by and visit us.

Even my wife Julia learned about this certain affection of Nico to Hannah.

My sister, on the other hand, was a tough nut to crack.

She did not show emotions.

Always hard at work, a workaholic if I might say, Hannah always had this blank expression since she was small.

You would not even know if she was angry or happy for they all looked the same.

I guessed I was also a part to blame on that since I encouraged her together with my older brother Ysmael and dad to do martial arts with us and join us in all other boyish activities.

In conclusion, that made my sister brave, courageous and unladylike.

She never cries.

But with her adept background on masculine activities, that made her inept on the rest.

It also made her dense in all other fields, especially the romantic side.

However, it was one fateful summer that made me realize that my little sister was not so little anymore.

It was one of the hottest summers ever recorded in the Southern part of France.

My phone rang early in the morning and I heard a quite familiar voice from the other end of the line.

"Good morning Kuya!" Hannah chirped.

"Han, did you know that most people were still sleeping at 5 o'clock in the morning." I answered in annoyance.

I am a terrible morning person.

"Well, I am sorry." She said still with the cheery tone.

"It's just that I needed someone to pick me up at the airport." She continued.

"What?!" Hearing that statement activated my brain schemes rapidly.

"Where are you right now?" I asked as I jumped off the bed and ran to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face.

When I heard what terminal she was in right now, I hung up and woke up my wife.

"Where are you heading to?" Julia asked sleepily. "It's too early." She said as she checked the alarm clock on her bedside table.

"Hannah just called." I said as I struggled on putting my left sock on.

Now where is the other pair?

I rummage around and found it hiding inside the shoe couch.

"Eureka!" I yelled suddenly as I hastily put in on while standing on one leg.

"Shush! You'll wake up Jessica." My wife reprimanded me.

I quickly shut my mouth as I looked at the connecting door that was slightly ajar to hear if our baby was crying in her crib.