Chapter 42

HANNAH

I sighed for the nth time.

I need to just blend in so that nobody would notice.

Good thing I did not hesitate to bring my horn-rimmed glasses and curled my mane until it looked like my mom's super frizzy hair.

What I hated the most is to be mobbed by a gazillion people while they ask for questions that are highly irrelevant.

My disguise worked so well that I got to worm in the conference room without being detected by both my brother and sister-in-law.

I got my media ID pass.

The girl at the front desk was shocked when I told her I am representing IAM magazine.

And as usual, I gave a fake name, so the name that was plastered on my tag was Lydia.

Today was a special night not only because my brother will get inducted in the artists' hall of fame, but Nicholas will be here as well.

In terms of our relationship status though is, let's just say it is a work in progress.

And with that I am already satisfied.

Right?

I was sitting on this uncomfortable chair while I compared it from what the top artists are going to sit on.

And you've guessed it, they got seats made for kings, complete with their own name plaque.

In this particular event, artists who were ranked 1st to 25th were the only ones invited since they are the core foundation of visual arts according to the organizers.

Yeah, right! Whatever!

There was so much prejudice in this place.

I, for one, got in just because I was under a multi-awarded publishing company.

If I was a just an ordinary Asian unknown writer from an unknown magazine, I would have been snubbed a long time ago. That's the sad story of being in this industry.

And that was the main reason why I want my identity to be hidden.

I don't want people to judge my writing based on my looks or my connection.

For now, my readers know me as Hann. A, my pen name, the writer of the Catalyst, no gender, no connection, no information was needed for them to know that I am the Features Editor that most people were trying to capture on film.

Sir Rico understood this that was why he lets me do it, 'for now', he said.

But once he needs me to cover features that require my "expertise", he might needed to reveal me to the people I need to interview in the future.

And when that kind of situation happen, I will be ready for it.

I will be ready to reveal that I am Hannah Angeles.