Chapter 10

HANNAH

Okay, that's it!

What's going on?

That was the fifth person who stared at me from head to foot.

Was I that badly dressed?

I already got a rant from my brother for dressing in ripped pants on such a prestigious event.

At least I'm wearing my favorite flowery pattern top with a black blazer to make my outfit slightly presentable.

But come on, those reasons alone can't make me be a part of the fashion police column.

"Is there something stuck on my teeth?" I suddenly asked my sister-in-law while showing my pearly whites.

"Nope. Looks perfectly fine to me." She said smiling.

"Do I stink?" I continued.

"Nope." As she sniffed the air, trying to catch any form of unsightly smell.

Kudos to Ate Julia for not thinking I'm going crazy with these questions.

Then my brother gets to butt in our conversation, "Who stinks?" He said casually.

"I think I am Kuya. Everybody kept on staring at me weirdly the past hour." I muttered.

"Staring weirdly at you, my cute lil sis." He said enunciating every word. "No way!"

"Har! Har! Very funny Kuya." I heard sarcasm oozing out from that statement of his alone.

"I'll be walking this way. See you in a bit." I said to the couple. I saw Ate Julia slapping Kuya Francis' shoulder as if chastising him from not believing in me. Take that big bro!

The main gallery had been full of the nude paintings of the model. Every artists had a different take on the subject.

Hmm... Elson, Marischka, Lambert & Tokiwa...signatures that differentiates the amount of each painting interpretation.

Funny thing is, most of them were already sold.

This is the event's fundraising, since 100% of it will be donated to chosen charitable institutions.

I took out my DSLR to capture this hall of greatness when something caught my eye.

Bold colors, strokes of rainbow and what looked like my favorite floral blouse was painted on one of the canvas.

My eyes bulged out.

WTH?!

I ran towards it to confirm what I just saw.

There was no denying it, from my black wavy hair to my dark ripped pants, as if I was the model on this painting.

No, scratch that.

I AM THE MODEL of this painting.

And Vivian Michiko, the SUPERMODEL, the MUSE, the GODDESS...

...was just a blurb on the sideline.

I quickly scanned for the signature of the artist.

With heart thumping, I saw the name N. Reyes.

Huh?! Really?!

I could have been wrong, but I cannot mistake that chicken scratch from someone else.

Nicholas was here.

That was why everyone was looking at me weirdly.

They might be thinking, who is this girl that caught the attention of a famous artist and one of the world's sought-after bachelor when there's a nude, I repeat, a nude supermodel in front of him.