Chapter 14

HANNAH

"Look at that feast of food!"

I exclaimed the moment we got inside the garden brunch party exclusively for invited artists and selected media.

Good thing I was selected!

"I know that the sight of food will make you cheer-up in a flash." Kuya Francis said grinning.

"By the way lil' sis," He added. "I highly approve of your choice of wardrobe today." He said.

"I can do it if I try." I said twirling on my pale yellow Sunday dress with espradrilles for shoes.

"Very appropriate?" I asked my ever critical brother.

"Very appropriate. Good job, bunso." Kuya said as my sister-in-law chimed in.

"Honey, Mr. Ferrer is gesturing us to come over. Should we?" Ate Julia said nodding to a colleague's direction.

"Okay." He said as he looked at me.

"Are you going to be okay on your own?" He said thoughtfully.

He knew I will not come with them to socialize.

He was aware how much I value my anonymity.

"What are you talking about? I will be fine." I said.

"I can take care of myself. Go have fun. I will just be by the cakes section." I said as I smiled toothedly to both of them.

They looked at me carefully.

And I can sensed my Kuya was acting weirdly as if he does not want me to be alone.

"Okay. I'll be going over there." I waved at them as I ran to the cakes before they could respond.