Chapter 3

Recap:

After sitting in McDonald's for a while, we decided to head home. What we didn't know is that when we came home we were gonna be in for the biggest shock of our lives.

Chapter 3

"STEPHY!" Matt screamed urgently as he ran ahead of me towards the house. I smell smoke. Bet you it's Parker again with his 'gang' ugh why can't they be normal teens?!

"What's wrong Matt? Why did you run back? I gave you the key," I asked confused, then I saw it, tears in his eyes. What's happened?

"Stephy! The h-h-house" he choked out between sobs. Shit. What's wrong with the house? Have we been robbed? Please don't say we have. Mom and dad are coming home tomorrow.

"What is it? Have we been robbed?" He just shook his head and told me that the house was on fire! My face instantly paled and I sprinted towards the house.

Matt was right. As I approached he house it was already fully up in flames and the fire engines had just arrived. I ran towards the firemen to ask what was wrong...

~*~

8:30pm on the 23rd of April. The day my house was burned down by someone throwing a faulty firework at it. Just great. Note the sarcasm.

My parents came home that night. Imagine explaining to them that some stupid teens decided to blow our house up for fun. To say they were mad would be an understatement. Luckily the firemen managed to get out almost all of our clothes and possessions as the fire had sent spread to the top floor yet.

I must admit I was more excited to find out that they saved my Disney movies collection than my clothes.

We booked into a hotel that night and decided we would leave everything until tomorrow.

*The Next Day*

I woke up to find my dad on the phone. 'Must be another business call' I thought as I got dressed in my high-waisted denim shorts and my black jack Daniels top. I paired them up wth my black patent doc Martens and headed out the door.

~*~

After I met up with Rose and jade for a couple of hours I decided to head 'home', when I say home though I mean the hotel. By Monday the whole school will know about my house. So much for staying out of the gossip.

"Mom! Dad! It's me! Steph, let me in?" I shouted through the door since they won't trust me with a key because there is only 2 and I might lose it.

"Sorry, but good news! This is our last night here! We're moving in with my friend from college, Martin, and his wife Fiona. They have spare rooms and heard what happened. They told us we could stay for as long as we want! Isn't that great hunny!" My dad rushed out looking like a kid that just got his favourite Xbox game on Christmas.

"That's great dad! Do they have any daughters my age?"

"They have a son and daughter. Their names have slipped my mind right now but you will get on with them really well. Their daughter is round about Matt's age and their son is your age, I'm sure, he goes to your school," Oh, so they had a son my age, I wish they had a daughter my age instead. I hope he's nice or a total geek like Adrian Waters. That would be good. At least he's nice I suppose.

"Oh, daddy? What's their last name?"

"Blake."

~*~
UNEDITED

Authors note

So what do you think? I would really like feedback to help me.

Now they will be living with the Blakes but is it the same Blakes?

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!

Chels💕