Chapter 33

* Lily P.O.V *

The door was getting open. I stood on my tiptoes feeling beyond excited. I was looking ahead of me when the door got open, expecting to see Noah, but i looked down to that girl on a wheelchair!

There were a moment of weird silence. For a second i thought it was the wrong apartment.

The girl talked. "Can i help you?". I was confused. Noah didn't mention anything about his sister being on a wheelchair!

"Um! Yeah, i was ... looking for Noah Jones. But i think it's the wrong apartment. Is it?". I was about to leave.

She stopped me. "It is Noah's place. I'm Natalina Jones. His sister". She offered me her hand to shake.

I put on a smile immediately. then i shook her hand. "Oh! Hi. It's a pleasure. I'm Lily Adams".

She put on a one big smile. I felt their were something behind it. "Really? Please come in". She moved so i could get in.

Wow! She is so beautiful. She don't look anything like Noah. She has lighter hair and skin and her eyes are green! She looked so angelic yet i thought she seemed pale!

I followed her into the loft. It looked amazing. It's a big place yet it felt warm and cozy.

I looked around looking for Noah but it seemed like he's not home. So i sat on the couch looking at the high ceiling and how big this place is.

"Can i get you anything? A drink?". She offered. "Uh! Water would be fine".

Then i felt guilty af! Should i help her? Why would i ask for water! Ugh! Smart Lily!

She seemed fine with moving around in her wheelchair. I realized that the furniture were put in a specific way so she can get a good space to move in. Amazing!

She handed me the glass of water and i drank it at once. I was really thirsty after that little adventure.  

I kept looking at her, she was smiling. I didn't know what to say at first so she talked. "So! You're famous Lily". I didn't really know what she meant. "What?". I was confused.

"Noah told me everything about the road trip. And by the way he did mention that you're so beautiful". I felt flattered, so i thanked her. So Noah think i'm beautiful? Interesting.

But i was wondering what else did he tell her? My face turned little red.

I couldn't resist asking her about her wheelchair. But i also didn't want to sound rude or embarrass her . "You look beautiful yourself. Noah told me about you". I paused for a while feeling all the awkwardness in the world.

I looked at her wheelchair. "I'm so sorry for ..." i was about to finish but she spoke and honestly i felt relieved. "Oh! Honey, you don't have to apologize for someone else's mistake. I know you're not like him".

What! What is she talking about!

I got lost. "I'm sorry, who?". She looked little confused too, but she answered. "You're father!".

Perfect! Now what did he do again!

I sensed that she immediately regretted what she said. I didn't say anything trying to understand her words. I was referring to her wheelchair and she mentioned my father!

What's the connection?

I think when she saw my dead serious face she understood. "Lily, i'm sorry. I thought Noah told you. He told me that you know everything now".

I wasn't even listening. "Would you please tell me?" I don't know if i was really ready to know, but i definitely wanted to know what kind of a monster my father is.