Chapter 22

She's finally out! God please have mercy on me! She was the cutest country girl ever. She came closer as shy as she could be. The girls she was with were whispering in the back waiting for my reaction. I was stunt. I didn't know what to say so i just smiled to her. She spun in order to show me her little white country dress and her cowboy boots. That style was suiting her.

She thanked the kids and came over

She thanked the kids and came over. "Are you sure you don't wanna change into something more country?". She held my arm and i let her. " yeah, i don't wanna steel the spotlights from you". And i winked to her. She smiled even more and held my arm tighter. That was refreshing.

I never let in one this close to me except Natalina. She was always that bothering little sister, sadly not anymore.

"Noah?". I was caught up in my thoughts again. "Yeah?". She stopped walking grabbing me to face her. "Can i ask you something?". I could swear she was looking into my soul! So my voice came out soft and shaky! "Anything".

She stood on her tips getting even closer to me. I was little surprised and confused. " you know i'm 21, right? And i haven't seen much. I know this is just a festival and not the big world but...".

She stopped then she bit her bottom lip! Again! She gotta stop doing that. Every time she do that my eyes slowly moves to her lips and my mind gives me the order to go for it! One more time and i won't be able to control myself.

I had to do something so i encouraged her to continue. "But?". She smiled shyly. " you seem like you've seen a lot, and i do wanna see everything through your eyes. Would you, please?".

If i had a smile on my face while she was talking, it would be diffidently gone by now. I got serious but calm.

" Lily, trust me. You don't wanna see anything through my eyes". She looked into my eyes, so i knew she won't be dropping the subject anytime soon.

She got closer to my face and put her palm on my cheek. She was cold!

And with the softest tone ever. "Your eyes, they darkened". My breath accelerated. I answered her back. "Your hand, it's cold". So i took off my jacket and put it on her.

I was about to keep walking but she grabbed my hand. "What are you running from?". I closed my eyes wishing that this would be over by now, but i was just wishing!

" We can't do that? Please. Not here, not right now". I tried.

" Noah! I just asked you to be my friend, why are you pushing me away?". She was about to cry! So i just grabbed her hand, pulling her far enough that we can talk freely.

We went behind some booth, it was little dark since it's nightfall time. Bad choice but it all i got.

I turned to face her. "Look, i'm just your bodyguard. This is a job. And it's wrong what's going on here". I was lying to myself. I wanted to break every fucking single rule i put for myself, or been put for me.

"In case you didn't notice, we're not on the roads! We're in a festival, and you call this job! Now, i don't know about you, but out of all people i know in my life, no one ever made me feel the way you do".

And there were an awful silence. She likes me! What for! I am a fucked up mess!

She came closer and cupped my face! I was loosing all my defenses! What is she doing to me!

She whispered. " what is it?". My eyes were teary by now! And my voice came out full of pain!

"I'm a mess. I'm a fucked up man with a fucked up life". A single tear found her way down my cheek, touching her sweet hand.

Next thing i know that we were locking lips!

She kissed me, and i didn't think twice to kiss her back. She kept her hand on my face, and i moved mine to get her closer. Then i put my arms around her waist, lifting her up.

I loved it and i loved every moment of it. But I have to put an end for it in order to get some air. We kept our eyes closed, head on head.

She finally talked. "Did i ever tell you that i'm a fucked up mess either?". And we both laughed.

Lily is laterally a beauty trying to break the spell put on the beast!

I was still holding her tight like a drowning man will catch on a straw. My heart is saying something but mind always speaks up. "This is so wrong".

It didn't feel wrong to me at all, it felt like a victory.

I don't know how long we stayed like this but next thing we were sitting on a bench away from the festival, looking at the lights sparkling our eyes and soul.

We sat still for a while staring at the lights. But she held my hand. I looked at her and i saw her eyes speaking to me! Like if they were telling me to tell her everything. She finally talked. "How did you end up working for my dad? How did you even become this man?".

I hesitated at first but my memory went back to day one. To the day i lost everything. I felt like she'd be the only one to understand me. So i went for it, for the first time ever.

"It all started when my father passed away. I was 14 and nana was 7. I was too close to him. He loved us so much. My mom had to be strong for both of us. She hid her pain very well. Meanwhile i couldn't do that. I couldn't deal with the fact that he's gone. I started to stay out for late hours. I skipped school. And when i'm home, either i'm asleep or drunk or yelled at. Yeah, i started to drink and do drugs at the age of 14. My mom punished me several times but nothing worked. She couldn't take care of both of me and a 7 years old girl. So before she could say it, i left home. I lived in the streets, going around with bad guys from the neighborhood. And at the age of 17 i dropped out of school. I kept checking on Mom and Nana from time to time, leave them some money in the mail. 4 years later, i knew that my mom died. I was lost than ever. But i had to get my shit together for my 14 years old sister. She was damaged already. I fixed myself for her. I tried to go for decent jobs but the salary was shit, so i had to go back to drugs field. Nana was too mature for her age and she didn't accept that so i kept it a secret until i was 24. That when i crossed roads with your father".

Here i am. Letting it all out. Feeling like my soul got naked in front of her! I didn't feel myself but i was silently crying. And when i looked at her she was too.

I couldn't say more. Not when i reached to her father part. The part that would break her apart, after losing my father. I couldn't do that to her.

She got closer to me. I read her eyes! She wanted to apologize for everything but she didn't know how to do it! So she calmly kissed me.

And i accepted her apology.

===========================

Sooooooooo guys 😭😭😭

What do you think of this chapter? I know you've been waiting for this so i had to give it to you 😅♥️

Enjoy every detail you guys ♥️ love you ♥️

* Note: if there's any mistake please feel free to tell me so i could fix it ♥️