Chapter 16

* Noah P.O.V *

After having that bad fight with Lily, and all the shouting and screaming, i exposed myself, and that wasn't supposed to happened.

She's just a job, and yet here i am telling her that i'm a wanted man. She was carful with me and i hated that.

When i felt her taking sides from me and acting really hard to not show it, i didn't want to push her any farther. After all, it's not her fault. I didn't wanted to be the guy who takes revenge through her.

So i got the feeling that i should gain her trust back, if she ever trusted me.

I held her hand when i sensed a truck coming over. Her hand was cold. Mine was cold too, but somehow i felt her feeling safe so i calmed a little bit.

I don't know why i had that feeling of telling her! I wanted to. I don't need more reasons to make her more uncomfortable with me, but i felt like this is the right thing to do.

So i told her that i committed murder, i felt her shiver under my breath when i whispered to her ear. I felt low of myself, but relieved. Now she can think whatever she wants of me.

We got in the truck and it was silence for a while. The old guy seemed friendly and i felt relieved, i was exhausted for another fight.

Lily was sleepy, she kept yawing and i was fighting the feeling not to follow her! But then i heard the word WIFE!

I felt confused, we don't look like a couple to look like a married couple! Anyways i corrected the info for old Ed. But Lily seemed to be interested in the conversation, i don't, so i just got lost in my own thought, and my beloved girl at home.

The moonlight and the fields got me right. They have that impact on me and i hated it. I felt emotional for a moment thinking how much i missed home.

But thanks to Lily she had my attention right away. She whispered to me. " He's right, you know. How could someone like you get involved with anybody ".

I stared at her feeling angry. My mind kept telling me prove her wrong! And i wanted to kiss her! Shit!

She turned away. Thank god.

Ed started a conversation, so we got busy through the rest of the ride. The man was nice enough to invite us to spend the night over his place but i rejected at first. I still do have trust issues.

But Lily looked exhausted and hungry, i couldn't do that to her so i accepted at the end.

We got there. A small ranch but i felt warm despite the cold weather. When i got out of the truck Lily smiled to me! I didn't know if it was a thank you smile, but she almost got a smile back.

We in the house. I loved the feeling of it, warm and cozy. My heart ached, i wished Natalina was here with me, she would've loved this place.

An old lady came out from another room. She greeted Lily then she came to me. She cupped my face. I freeze! What just happened!

I heard Lily chuckle and that made me even more unconformable. She said that i have sadness in my eyes! My heart broke a little. I wanted to tell her that i don't have sadness in my eyes, i have hatred, revenge and coldness. I am a murderer! How could anyone feel sorry for a murderer!

I felt bad that she treated me well. No one ever treated me well! But she did!

The touch of Matilda's hand on my face made feel warm then, so i found myself smile, a one big real smile.

That wasn't me. But i liked it. Specially, when i saw Lily smiling too. Her smile was everything.

When we got in, Ed told me to follow him to the ranch. He was joking with me while we were crossing the door to the outside. " you're a strong man and i could use a hand, would you? ". I was glad to help him so i accepted immediately.