Chapter 37

* Hello! This part is split in two, have fun 😊*

=========================

*Lily P.O.V*

The whole trip from Noah's place to the mansion was torture for me. I heard all kind of words from Lucas. He insulted me in every possible way. I did nothing but sit still, looking from the window to the blurry out world. I wasn't listening. My face was straight as if i was drugged.

I didn't care about Lucas. My mind was away back in the loft where Noah is. I was losing hope slowly, thinking about how hard it is for us to get together with everything going on.

Noah told me that he trust me, and no one ever told me that! Not once. But i can't even trust myself anymore!

Things are getting more complicated, and i got tired of everything.

We reached the mansion safely. Lucas got out and pulled me inside. He was treating me like a garbage! Not a surprise since he kept calling me bitch and slut on the way back home.

I was fighting the tears not to fall like a river. I felt helpless and humiliated.

Lucas ordered me to go to my room until my father call for me first thing in the morning. I walked away weakly heading to my room. Linda met me on the stairs. She even talked to me but i didn't respond. "Sweetie, are you okay?". I didn't even look at Linda as if i wasn't aware of her presence!

Linda silently followed me into my room. I got in and silently sat on my desk, staring at the screen of my desktop.

Linda tried to talk to me but still nothing's there! "Lily, i'm sorry sweetie but you should get some rest". Linda stood by my side trying to console me, but it was useless. The damage was already done.

I might be loosing faith and i might just have said goodbye to the love of my life forever, but my mind were telling much. My thoughts were traveling places. And my heart was still beating for the one and only Noah Jones, and no force can take that away from me.

Unconsciously, i kept moving my lift hand on my humming bird tattoo. Remembering why i got it in the first place, but what else could i do?

All i can do for now is praying for Noah's freedom. I can give him that in exchange of mine.

Final decision is going to be given in few hours as i was sitting there waiting for my death penalty. The o'clock was ticking, playing in rhythm with my heartbeat. I can't rest knowing what i'm going to face.

Linda fell asleep on the couch next to me, while i sat there unaware of the time passing.

Few hours passed and the sun was finding her way out. Linda got down since it was breakfast time. She made sure i'm okay before she could call me to see my dad.

My father finally called for me. I walked down to his office where he and Lucas were waiting for me.

I wasn't scared anymore. Actually i felt nothing. I have nothing to loose. They succeeded in breaking me, so i was pretty much dead inside.

I had minutes of thinking. If i'm going down, then John Adams and Lucas Brooks are going down as well.

I stepped in to the office, calmly, to find them sitting there enjoying their drinks as if nothing's happened! At this early hour! What a couples of pigs.

My father looked at me smirking. "Sweetheart, come in join us. You're 21 anyway, you can drink". I neglected his comment and went straight to sit on the opposite sofa.

There were silence for a while but My father decided to break it first. "So! I heard some unpleasant news. Is it true you left home at midnight?". He was looking at me with tightened eyes. I simply nodded for an answer.

Lucas chuckled. "Thank god i knew early about her little escape, yet she's so arrogant to admit it". I gave him a dead burning look. He was messing with me and i knew it. My father gave Lucas a side look. "How did you know by the way?".

"I headed to her room to speak to her about the wedding". He spoke with trust, so i responded. "At midnight? Interesting!". The looks between me and Lucas were full of hatred. My father noticed but he looked at me again, but this time his face was serious and his tone of voice freaked the shit out of me. "You were at Noah's. How many times should i say it?". My father and i locked eyes for seconds.

"I did nothing wrong. I was seeing a friend". I answered carefully. Lucas said quickly. "Huh! At midnight! I wonder what kind of friendship is this!".

I took a deep breath trying to remain calm and patient. I remembered what Lucas did so i plucked up my courage and looked at him, then i spoke in confidence. "The same as the guy who sends muggers after his fiancée".

Lucas's features changed. He was stressful, while my father looked confused. I knew immediately that my father doesn't know. "Oh! Sorry, Luke! You didn't tell my father that you sent men after me in that road trip! You didn't tell him that they robbed us and they tried to kidnap me in the middle of nowhere! Oh! And you know what, i think they are the same guys who attacked us at the ranch, am i right?". I chuckled. "Huh! How pathetic of you".

Lucas was sweating, while his eyes were threatening me. My father looked at him. "What did you do?".

Lucas stuttered. "I- i was worried about her so i send men to keep her safe and to look after her". I laughed loudly. "Yeah right!".

My father looked at me. "Lily baby, maybe you got delusional, that's all".

What! Unbelievable! How could he defend him!

I gathered myself quickly while Lucas looked like he just won the fight. "Of course you would defend him dad". I pointed to them both. "Both of you are the same anyways".

My father fixed his eyes on me. "Excuse me young lady!". I moved in my seat. "Sorry! Did i offended you? You think you're better than Lucas, right? Okay then, call the wedding off". I crossed my arms waiting for an answer. I can tell that i caught their attention very well due to the surprise that shown on their faces.

"You got out of your mind!". Lucas cut the silence first, but my father followed. "Shut up Lucas. Lily, what the hell is goin on on your mind? You know why you're marrying Lucas".

I would say that i was on fire of confidence. I don't know where it came from, but that's it. Let it be!

"Actually, i don't. I do know that we're marrying for business. Poor Lucas, he think that he's going to take over your empire. Does he know that i'm the boss here".

Damn! I shut their mouths.

Lucas felt confused. "What?". He looked at my father for a second then he looked at me with a foolish smile on his face. "Sweetie, don't talk big. I'm not taking over your father's empire. The thing you don't know is that we're going to sign a contract before our marriage. You get to keep the houses and anything else you like. I get to keep my position as a CEO of Adams Corporations, because i worked my ass off to earn it. matter of facts, if we ever got divorced, you got to keep half of it".

Wow! I never saw Lucas as a stupid man bedore! That was amusing.

But to be honest, i know now what my father was planning. I didn't know he has this evil mind.

I took a deep breath after analyzing Lucas's words. "So, if i'm not getting this wrong, dad? You made a plan to destroy Lucas completely?". I laughed of surprise! "What a sly!"

Lucas freaked out. "What are you talking about? What's going on?".

=========================

Our girl grew up to be a badass 😂

Go to the next chapter 🏃🏻‍♀️