Chapter 4

I wake up next morning feeling heavy and sleepy still. Merrick-Anna jumped on the bed and started to lick my face to wake me up.

I kept pushing her away since i'm not in a good mood for not having enough sleep. Linda came in the room and opened the curtains so the sun would interrupt.

" Ugh! Five more minutes please! ". I groaned and put my arms on my face while Merrick-Anna kept pushing them away. " Merrick-Anna STOP! ". I shouted trying to make her stop. It was useless anyways.

" Did you forget that today you're going to travel all by yourself for the first time? ". It felt like Linda had splashed cold water on me because i immediately jumped and looked at her with a lazy smile on my face.

" I didn't but thank you for refreshing my memory. I needed to hear it from someone else actually. ". I put a stupid big smile on my face and then added " Also i'm not traveling completely all by myself so! ". I moved my shoulders and just remembered.

" Noah Jones! I bet he's like 45 years old or something with big figure and a weird mustache. ". I laughed over the idea and then added. " Very boring. ".

Linda laughed and and suddenly stoped whatever she was doing and looked at me. " You don't have to wonder so much. He's gonna be here anytime soon. ". Then she looked at her watch.

" Which by the way, you should get your lazy butt out of this bed and get ready. ". I sighed " Yes ma'am." While i was getting off bed.

" Your breakfast is ready downstairs. Finish your shower and get some while i finish packing your things. " She was already into packing.

" I packed last night! ". I stood there holding my arms.

" Yeah right honey, if you call this packing. ". She laughed and i just didn't care and moved to get out of the room mumbling. " Yeah, whatever! ".

She knows what she's doing anyway so i don't have to worry.

I got to the bathroom and got a shower. I spent like an hour in there getting ready for my exciting day ahead. I wore my cloth that i prepared earlier specially for this day. Black jeans, black t-shirt with white sneakers and a coat on top. Comfy yet an elegant one.

When i was done preparing, looking at the time i knew that my bodyguard for the trip was going to be here soon

So i got to the kitchen and sat on the table in there that had a view of the backyard.

I found that Linda made me my favorite breakfast, grilled toast with egg and bacon along side a cup of coffee. YUM!

I ate as much as i could enjoying my breakfast when i heard the doorbell ringing.

" I got it! ". I shouted so Linda won't come and get the door before me. I knew it was my bodyguard and honestly i wanted to see how he looks like. Bet he's a grumpy ass pig. And that when i remembered that it's not his fault but my fathers'. Ugh!

I went to the door jumping like a kid and my heart was racing from excitement.

I opened the door and there he was. Me facing his back! What a great start!

He turned to me finally and i just couldn't say anything but stare to that tall guy with a strong structures black hair and a short beard and a well shaped body. Not a 45 at all! Maybe early 30 or something! But damn!

He stood there putting his hands in his pockets and waiting for me to respond.

I raised my eyebrows and stood their like an idiot looking at him in his black outfit.

" Noah Jones. ". He said in a very staple tone of a voice, very deep. No reactions at all. Cold.

" Yeah, Right! Mr. Jones i'm Lily. Lily Adams ". Gosh, what was that! I sounded very formal.

I offered my hand for a hand shake but he just stared at it and then lift his sight up back to me.

" I will be waiting in the car until you're ready." He turned away and went to the car like a robot!

What an asshole! He refused to shake my hand! What a great first impression!

I closed the door and went back inside that when Linda put my luggage next to the door.

" Is he here? ". She asked.

" Yeah, and what an asshole! ". I felt annoyed really and i don't know why. But suddenly that hot guy who was standing on my front door from a minute became ugly and rude to my eyes.

Linda laughed as she just found it amusing. " Why? What happened? ".

" No big deal forget it. Is everything ready?". I said while i was checking the suitcases. I'm not gonna let him ruin my day.

" Yes Those are the luggage and this is your purse.". She handed me my purse.

I approached her and gave her a hug.

" Wish me luck Linda.". She hugged me back while Merrick-Anna was approaching my legs.

" I will pray for you not to kill that poor bodyguard.". I moved away and made a sad face.

" Now that's mean.". I said that while i was petting Merrick-Anna and kissing her goodbye.

She laughed out load " Okay, have fun sweetie.".

So i kissed both of them and took my luggage outside to the car.

Linda helped me and then Noah saw us so he got out of the car and took the luggage and put it in the trunk without any word.

I said goodbye to them and then got in the car feeling all the adrenaline rushing up my veins.

Noah was driving and i was in the backseat. And that when we got of the gates heading to the airport.

I felt more than ready for the journey ahead. It might be silly for anyone else but it was a first time thing for me. So i don't really care what anyone thinks. But i was really excited.

So i took a deep breath whispering to myself.

" Let the journey begin. ".

————————————————————

So how was this chapter? 🤔

I don't like the chapter since the real action is not there yet. But i hope it turns out good 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Enjoy the story and let me know what you think? 💙💙