One love lost, another love found (Tom Holland)

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry, Y/N, I really am. I never meant for this to happen, I promise, babe-." 

"Don't you dare call her that." Tom scoffed and shook his head as he looked at his best friend, disgusted. 

"Don't get involved, Tom." Harrison spat. 

"Fuck "don't get involved", who the fuck is going to pick up the pieces of YOUR girlfriend's broken heart now that you've done this? Not fucking you." He snapped and shook his head. 

"Tommy, please, I just want to go." I choked. Tom looked down at me, his angry facial expression dissolving into a heartbroken one as he saw me crying. 

"Of course." He nodded, giving me a small smile before looking back up at Harrison with a scowl. I looked at the blond boy, the boy who I'd considered "the one". Well, until now. 

"I'll get my stuff later. Don't call me, don't text me, just leave me alone because we're done." I choked. 

"Y/N, please don't do this." He gulped. 

"We're way past that, Harrison. The moment that you started seeing her, fuck knows how long ago that was, we were done." I nodded, making his blue eyes waver. 

"Come on, darling." Tom mumbled, his hand on my lower back gently leading me out of the bedroom. Tom gave Harrison one last stern look, his jaw clenched at the boy as he shut the door before looking at me. 

"Here's what we're going to do. We're going to go to the shops and you're going to get whatever the fuck you want in terms of junk food, ice cream, absolutely anything, I'm going to pay for it all and then we'll go back to my place. Does that sound like an okay place to start?" he asked. I nodded and sniffed, wiping my red and wet eyes with the sleeve of Tom's hoodie that he'd given me to wear as I looked up at him. 

"Come on, then." He sighed, giving me another small smile as he wrapped his arm comfortingly around me and led me out of the apartment.

So, that was it. That was the story of how I had ended up on my best friend's sofa, surrounded by empty ice cream cartons, and finally figuring out that all of those years ago when I had been asked to pick between the two since they had both fallen in love with me, I had picked the wrong boy. Even back then, I hadn't been completely sure in my decision, as secretly I had fallen for both boys, and so I had based my decision off of who I got along with most and who I could see a future with. But admittedly over the years, stolen glances between Tom and I, the occasional stolen touch and other small moments had led me to question if I had picked the right boy. And obviously what I had just witnessed, confirmed that I hadn't. I snapped back as I felt Tom's fingers gently move against my cheek, making me look at him and give him a small smile. 

"You okay?" he asked quietly. I shrugged and looked down. 

"I'm still trying to process it, to be honest. Not only that he cheated, but that I'm now single and I've also just lost one of my best friends." I nodded, my eyes wavering as a tear fell from them. Tom sighed and nodded, his finger gently moving to wipe away the drop of saltwater. 

"I'm so sorry that he did that, Y/N. I mean, we've known the guy for over twenty years, I never thought that he'd ever do that, but obviously, we don't know him as well as we thought that we did." Tom mumbled. I gulped and nodded before timidly looking up at him. 

"Can I ask you something?" I asked quietly. 

"Course." Tom nodded, shifting slightly in his seat so that he was so close that our knees touched. I bit my lip. 

"Do you still love me?" I asked. 

"I never stopped." He admitted, giving me a gentle smile as he shook his head. I gulped and looked at him, my heart starting to beat faster. 

"To be honest with you, Tom, I never stopped loving you either." I spoke. His eyes widened slightly. 

"B-but...but you chose Harrison." He scoffed and shook his head. 

"Tommy, we both know that I've questioned my choice over the years, and what we just saw only confirms that I did make the wrong choice. I know that I believed that he wouldn't do that, but I know that you won't." I shook my head. 

"No, of course I wouldn't, but..." he sighed and looked down. 

"What's wrong, Tommy?" I asked. He looked back up at me. 

"I just...I don't just want to be a rebound." He admitted. My eyes wavered as I looked at him. 

"Darling, don't get me wrong, I would love to be with you. But I want to be with you. I don't want to just be a rebound, I want it all with you. I want the Sundays lying in with you, I want the hand holding, I want to be able to beat up Harrison if he tries to get you back, or beat up a guy who tries to hit on you when we're out. I want it all." He nodded as he took my hands. I bit my lip, trying to push back my smile as I stared into his stunning hazel eyes. 

"I feel the same, Tom. I'd never forgive myself if you were just a rebound. I want it all, and I want it all with you." I whispered. Tom's lips broke into a smile, a laugh leaving his lips as he leant forward and pressed our lips together. I returned it instantly, holding his face as his hands moved to my waist and pulled me into his body. I couldn't help but smile as he broke the kiss but touched our foreheads, his hands gently cupping my cheeks as he looked at me. 

"I may have lost Harrison, but I've found you. And that's worth it to me." I spoke quietly. Tom gave me another small smile and gently bit his lip before leaning in and kissing me again.