The soul stone *part 1* (Peter Parker)

The rain hammered down, soaking me through and mixing with my tears as I stared down at Peter. I didn't know how the events of the day had led us to this. It was meant to be a simple mission, in and out, undetected if possible. Yet somehow, it had landed me here, kneeling on the ground, soaked through, with Peter lying on my lap as he slowly but surely died from the bullet that had been shot through his chest. He looked up at me, a small smile on his lips as he stared at my face, his wet hazel curls flopping over his own skin.

"Don't cry, sweetheart. I'm not in pain, and I'm in your arms. I can't think of a more perfect way to go." He whispered, shaking his head.

"Peter, you can't leave me, please." I sobbed.

"I have to, I'm sorry. But you're going to be okay." He reassured as he raised his shaking hand and pressed it against my cheek. I closed my eyes, allowing more tears to fall from them as I leant into his touch.

"I love you." Peter whispered before his eyes fluttered shut and his hand fell from my face. My eyes widened.

"No. No, Peter, please." I choked as I leant my head down and pressed my ear to his now still chest.

"FRIDAY, run a medical scan on Peter." I demanded.

"All of his vitals are gone, Y/N." she reported back. I shook my head, refusing to believe that the love of my life was dead. Especially because of me.

"No. Run it again." I spoke.

"I'm getting the same results-."

"Then run it again." I nodded.

"Y/N, I'm sorry but the scan isn't changing-."

"THEN FUCKING RUN IT AGAIN, FRIDAY!" I shouted at the top of my lungs.

"What the hell is going on?" I looked up and my eyes widened as the Avengers' jetti landed, with Tony landing next to it. The jetti doors opened, allowing Wanda, Natasha and Steve to run out into the rain.

"Oh, shit." Steve mumbled as they saw Peter's lifeless body.

"Where the fuck were you?" I choked as I stood up, letting Peter's body gently slip off of my lap and onto the ground as I stormed towards Tony. His eyes widened.

"We came as soon as we got the distress signal-."

"Bullshit, Tony, we sent that out ten minutes ago. You want to know how I know that? We sent that out five minutes before Peter got shot, and he died in my arms just moments ago!" I yelled in his face.

"I'm sorry, Y/N." Tony shook his head.

"Sorry isn't going to bring Peter back! He's dead because of you!" I cried as I started to hammer my fists against Tony's suit-covered chest.

"Y/N, please-."

"THE LOVE OF MY LIFE IS DEAD BECAUSE OF YOU! PETER IS GONE BECAUSE YOU COULDN'T GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER TO COME AND HELP US!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"Okay, alright." My eyes widened as Steve wrapped his arms around my waist from behind and lifted me up, carrying me away from Tony.

"GET THE FUCK OFF OF ME! HE'S DEAD BECAUSE OF ALL OF YOU!" I shouted, tears streaming down my face and mixing with the rain as Steve carried me to Natasha before putting me down.

"Okay, hun, you're okay." She choked as I collapsed to my knees. I choked and shook my head, looking down at the ground.

"He's dead, Nat. Peter is gone." I cried, looking up at her. She sighed and knelt down next to me, resting a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm so sorry." She shook her head as she pulled me into a hug. I returned it, afraid that if I let go, I'd lose her and the rest of the team too. I opened my eyes and choked as I saw Tony carefully pick Peter up bridal style, Peter's head lolling back as his arm stayed limp at his side and his legs hung over Tony's arm.

"He's gone." I whispered, retracting my arms from Natasha and hugging myself instead.

"And I'm so sorry for that, honey. Come on, let's get him home." Natasha nodded as she gently stood me up. I returned it slightly, hugging myself tightly as she walked us onto the jetti and out of the rain that Peter had died in.