The thief *part 3* (Mob boss!AU, Tom Holland)

"They're clues." Tom smiled, spreading a map of London out onto his table and placing his hands flat against it as he looked at us. Harrison and I exchanged glances, both of our eyebrows furrowed.

"What?" I scoffed.

"They're clues." Tom reiterated.

"Start again, mate." Harrison nodded, making Tom groan as he stood up straight again.

"When I was little, my dad used to tell me about London's first known mobster, a guy called Terry Blackwell." He spoke.

"What a lovely thing to tell a small child." I smiled sarcastically.

"No, no, it's good. I always assumed that it was just some myth, because my dad told me about how Blackwell got sick, and as a mobster, he didn't feel okay about leaving his fortune to his family. So, he stored it somewhere instead, but he died before he could tell anyone where it was." He explained.

"Why do I get the feeling that we're about to go from being London's most feared mobsters to being a bunch of fucking pirates?" Harrison sighed as he rubbed a hand over his face.

"Because...well, we are." Tom shrugged.

"I am so very confused right now." I shook my head. Tom looked at me.

"After you went to bed last night, Haz and I looked at the diamonds to see why Montgomery was spending thirty million for diamonds worth a fraction of that. Turns out, they've been engraved." He nodded. My eyes widened.

"With directions of how to get Blackwell's fortune." I realised. Tom nodded and crossed his arms over his chest.

"The last bit of the story was always that whoever ended up finding Blackwell's inheritance would officially be considered the most powerful mobster in London, no ifs, no buts, no maybes. I fully appreciate that I'm pretty much already there, but this will solidify my status, not to mention that if Montgomery finds it first, he'll overtake me in status, and will no doubt have us all killed. So, we need to find it first." He nodded, placing his finger on the map.

"Wow. You really weren't joking when you said that we were now pirates." I mumbled as I looked at Harrison, making him sigh and nod.

"How do we even know that the inheritance is still there? For all we know, it could have been found years ago." Harrison shrugged.

"For starters, none of us would be alive right now if someone else had found it. But also, these diamonds have been in my family since my grandad got them. They've been in the safe that Y/N took them from for almost one hundred years. Trust me when I say that if we don't have the inheritance, which we don't, it's still hidden." Tom nodded. Harrison and I returned it.

"What do we do then?" I asked. He shrugged and looked between us.

"We go and find it." He stated, making me gulp.

"Go pack a bag each. Then in an hour, we'll leave for the air hanger and will fly to this destination. These diamonds will lead us to the almost exact point of the inheritance if we're lucky, so it shouldn't be too hard to find." He nodded. Harrison and I returned the nod before we both left the study and headed out to get ready.

I stood in Tom's bedroom, packing one of his duffel bags with the clothes that he'd had bought for me when he had taken me. I looked up and gave Tom a small smile as he walked into his room and shut the door.

"How's the packing going?" he asked.

"It's going." I sighed. Tom's eyebrows furrowed as he looked at me.