The soul stone *part 3* (Peter Parker)

The ship landed on the surface of Vormir, making me take a deep breath as this was where the soul stone was. The only question was how we got it.

"Okay, you two go and find the stone, I'll stay here and guard the ship." Tony nodded as he looked at Natasha and I. She looked at me.

"You ready, kid?" she asked.

"Let's get Peter back." I nodded. She returned it as we headed down the ramp and off of the ship, me immediately hissing and hugging myself as the sharp winds of the planet whipped around our suit-covered bodies.

"Gee, I wonder where the soul stone is." Natasha mumbled sarcastically as we both looked at the towering stone structure that sat in the distance.

"It's going to be a long walk." I returned, making Natasha scoff and nod as we started to walk.

"Remind me to do more cardio when we get back to Earth." I puffed out, holding my side as we reached the top of the stairs.

"I'm right there with you." She nodded before looking up. Her eyes widened and she immediately whipped her guns out, making me follow her gaze. I quickly raised my hands, my power swirling around my palms as a cloaked figure stood just metres away from us.

"Drop your weapons. They are no use to you here." He spoke in a low voice. I gulped as I looked at Natasha. She stuck her tongue into her cheek, obviously contemplating what to do before looking at me and nodding. I returned it and lowered my hands as she put her guns back into their holsters.

"Where do we find the soul stone?" She asked as we walked towards the figure. He didn't respond, instead, his bony finger came out to point over the edge of the cliff. My eyes widened and I gulped slightly as we slowly walked to the edge and looked over, my stomach twisting at the sheer drop.

"I'm confused." I chuckled nervously as I looked back at the figure.

"You cannot simply take the stone. It requires a sacrifice of another soul." He stated. My eyes wavered, my heart dropping to my feet as I realised what he was saying.

"Nat." I gulped as I looked at the woman. She returned the gulp and looked down.

"Three of us came here. But only two of us will go home." She admitted. I gulped harshly, my heart pounding through my chest.

"Tell Peter that I love him." I nodded before turning to the edge of the cliff. I yelped slightly as Natasha harshly grabbed my bicep, pulling my body back to her.

"Are you fucking crazy?! The whole point of getting the stone was so that you two could live the lives that you were meant to, I didn't come here just for you to sacrifice yourself and for Peter to come back to life and be heartbroken." She scoffed. I looked at her.

"You're not seriously considering doing it instead? Natasha, I can't ask you to do that, no one can-."

"And no one is, kid." She cut me off. I choked and looked at her. She sighed, giving me a small smile as she cupped my face in her hands.

"Look, I see a lot of myself in you. You're a fighter, you're fearless, and you're willing to do anything for the ones that you love. It's no secret that I've had a pretty fucked up life. But you still have a chance. Get it right. Be the redo that I never got." She nodded, gently stroking her hands against my cheeks. I looked at her, tears starting to leave my eyes.

"Nat, don't do this." I choked.

"You love Pete, right? And you want to spend the rest of your life with him?" she asked. I gulped, looking into her eyes as I nodded. She returned it.