The interview *part 1* (Tom Holland)

I sat in the chair, looking at my phone as the makeup artist for the interview finished up my makeup.

"Y/N." I looked up as my manager, Jacob, walked in.

"He's ready for you." He nodded.

"Then I'm ready for him." I smiled as I stood up, making him chuckle and nod as he walked out of the room with me. We walked down the corridor, smiling at passing tech people as we headed into the room in which the interview would take place. Jacob opened a door, holding it open so that I could walk through it. I smiled and bit my lip, suddenly feeling slightly nervous as I walked onto the set for James Cordon's "Late Late Show". James looked up and smiled at me.

"Y/N, how lovely to finally meet you." He smiled as he shook my hand.

"And you, James. I'm a massive fan of the show." I returned.

"And we're a massive fan of you." He chuckled, making me smile as I sat down on the chair closest to James' desk, smoothing the skirt of my black cocktail dress out against my legs as I did.

"And we're back in three, two, one." The cameraman nodded.

"Hello and welcome back to the Late Late show, I'm James Cordon and tonight, I am joined by the lovely Y/N Y/L/N!" he exclaimed, pointing his arms out to me. I smiled at the audience and waved as they cheered.

"So, Y/N, you starred alongside the one and only Tom Holland in the latest Spiderman movie. And we believe that you played his love interest." James smirked, wiggling his eyebrows and making me laugh as the audience whooped.

"I did, yeah." I nodded, smiling.

"What was it like? We believe that this is your first Marvel movie, and so I think it's fair to say that it's your biggest role to date." He shrugged.

"Definitely, it is. I don't even know how to describe it, it was amazing. I got the opportunity to work alongside Tom, Robert, even Chris Evans, since the storyline is intertwined with the Avengers. I loved every moment of it, and I'm so honoured that I got to work on a Marvel movie. I've loved Marvel ever since I was little." I smiled, James nodding along to my answer.

"What was it like working with Tom? He's a regular on the show, so I'd like to think that we're friends." He teased, making the audience laugh.

"Honestly, it was incredible. I was a massive fan of Tom's work for years, and so when I got the call saying that I would play his love interest, I was honestly over the moon. He's a really cool and chill guy to work with, we had a couple of intimate scenes to do for the movie, but because he was so relaxed and we were so friendly, everything with him was easy." I nodded, smiling as the audience made "ooh" sounds.

"You sure that you guys are not more than just friends? I'm sure that you're aware of the many rumours that surround you two, more specifically the ones that suggest you're dating." He smirked. I smiled and shook my head.

"No, no, as much as I love Tom, we're just friends. Close friends, sure, but just friends." I confirmed, trying to ignore the painful twang in my chest that came with the statement.

"Okay, okay, I believe you. But if not Tom, then who? Who's your celebrity crush, Y/N?" James asked, biting his lip. My eyes widened slightly, and James' smile widened as my cheeks flushed red.

"Okay, so that confirms that there is a crush, come on, Y/N." he chuckled. I laughed and buried my face in my hands.

"Oh, god, okay. Well, just between us, and I guess the several million people that watch the show, I did sometimes wish that something had happened between Tom and I." I admitted. James' eyes widened.

"So, you're telling me that your celebrity crush is Tom Holland, who you played the love interest of in Spiderman, and still nothing happened?" he scoffed.

"I'm really bad at that kind of stuff, and I didn't want to jeopardise the friendship that was already there for a hypothetical relationship that may have never happened. So, I guess that I picked temporarily hurting myself, and keeping Tom as a friend, over risking him not feeling the same, and us not being friends afterwards." I shrugged, looking down at my skirt.

"Okay. I guess I can see that logic." James nodded before turning to the camera.

"Stay tuned, because, after the break, we'll hear from Madonna, who will be talking about her new album, as well as playing her new hit single from it. Back soon." James smiled. I took a deep breath and stood up, rushing off of the stage and towards Jacob.

"You killed it out there." Jacob smiled as I passed him.

"Are you kidding? I just announced on international TV that I have a crush on my best friend and co-star-Jesus, am I unknowingly drunk or something? Fuck." I groaned as I rushed into my dressing room.

"I'm sure that it's fine, it's not like you said that you want to be fucking Tom or anything, it could have been worse." He shrugged.

"I said that I wish more had happened between us. In this day and age, that basically means that I said I wish we were fucking." I nodded as I pulled my heels off and slumped down onto the sofa.

"Fuck, why am I so stupid?" I groaned, holding my head in my hands.

"Hey, it'll be okay. You and Tom are close, talk to him about it and I'm sure you'll figure this out. Trust him on this." Jacob nodded as he sat next to me and put his arm over my shoulder. I sighed and nodded, leaning into Jacob and allowing him to hug me, as I prayed to any god out there that I hadn't just ruined my friendship with Tom.