Zendaya's friend, Tom *part 1* (Tom Holland)

Requested by megholland: Y/N meets Zendaya whilst shopping and asks for a selfie. They start talking and Zendaya asks for Y/N's number, to pass onto her friend, Tom, who went through a bad breakup only a few months ago. Y/N is reluctant but says yes anyway without realising that this friend "Tom" is Tom Holland.

I walked around the shop, grabbing random groceries and putting them into the trolley as I went. My eyes drifted down the aisle before widening. No, that can't be her, I thought as I stared at the woman who stood at the end of the aisle. My eyes widened further. It definitely was. Somehow, the Zendaya was in an independent grocery store in London, at the same time as me. What were the chances?

"Excuse me." I gulped, making her look at me and smile as I walked towards her.

"Hey." she chuckled.

"I'm so sorry, I realise that you probably just want to be left alone and so tell me to fuck off if you want, but could I please have a selfie?" I smiled, making her laugh and shake her head.

"It's completely okay, I don't mind. Sure, you can have a selfie." she chuckled. I bit my lip and smiled as I got out my phone and held it up. She leant into me and smiled, her fingers in a "peace" sign as I took the photo.

"Thank you so much, you've made my life." I smiled, making her laugh as I looked at the photos. Her eyes drifted down to my phone.

"You a fan of Spiderman?" she asked. My eyes widened, a deep heat creeping over my cheeks as I realised that she'd clocked my Spiderman phone case. If the floor could just open up and swallow me now, that'd be great, I thought as I looked at her.

"I'm a massive fan of Spiderman, yeah. Though, I've got to say that it's extremely embarrassing being caught with this phone case by one of the main actors from it." I smiled, making her laugh again.

"I think that it's cute. It's nice to meet fans who are just up for a casual conversation." she reassured. I chuckled and bit my lip, very pleasantly surprised by how humble and kind she was being. Of course I didn't expect less from Zendaya, but I could hardly blame celebrities for telling people to fuck off when they were being constantly harassed.

"Hey, um, this is very random and feel free to say so if I'm overstepping, but I have a friend called Tom. He went through a really harsh breakup two months back, and I've been trying to get him back out there ever since. He's been reluctant, but you're exactly his type, so you might be just the push that he needs." she nodded. My eyes widened slightly.

"U-um...I don't know." I sighed and bit my lip. The truth was that I also had had my fair share of bad luck in the dating game. I had officially pulled myself out of trying to find love six months ago, figuring that burying myself into work and other commitments was a better use of my time than having my heart broken by guys who treated me like nothing more than the dirt on their shoes. I'd had too much experience with pieces-of-shit exes, but something about Zendaya told me that she'd never hang out with a guy like that. And so maybe this was worth a shot.

"At least let me give him your phone number. Then either you guys never speak and no harm done, or you go out on a date and really hit it off." she shrugged. I sighed and looked at her.

"Okay, alright. I suppose that giving him my number won't hurt." I chuckled nervously.

"Exactly." she smiled. I returned it and bit my lip as she gave me her phone. I typed my number into a notes page before handing back the phone.

"Thank you, it'll make his day me giving this to him. Oh, what's your name by the way?" she asked.

"Y/N. I know what your name is." I teased, making her laugh and shake her head.