Chapter LXV: The Grand Finale

Our heroes awoke in a strange land. A place where the ground only knew fifty-one shades of grey, as did the sky, and the only semblance of life were the few chrome stalks that resembled a single vine...or a tentacle...staying completely still. There was no wind, rain, weather, or even anyone else out there at all.

"Garnet? Amethyst? Pearl?" Steven called out into the abyss. There wasn't a response. He began to worry. He eventually found the heavily damaged robot bodies of the Crystal Gems, sitting alongside the unconscious Robert, Michael and Arya.

"So you're going to leave us here to die?" He heard Arya's voice ask.

Steven became worried "N-No, I-"

"I knew it! He left us!" Amethyst added.

"Guys! I'm right he-"

"You're nothing like Pink!" Garnet's voice called out.

Steven then put two and two together. "Wait...You hate Pink Diamond! That's why you threw a fit and split up when you found out she was Rose!" Steven thought. From the darkness, what looked like a cane with a skull as the handle whacked Robert as he started to stir, putting him back in an unconscious state. Steven licked his hand and put it on his friends. Robert was the only one who got up, the others just poofed in a cloud of smoke the minute he touched them.

Robert woke up again. "Steven? Izzat really you?" he asked.

"Yeah," he replied. "Now come on!" They ran through the barren, empty wasteland. Every time they turned around, the chrome tentacles from earlier seemed to have moved. As they ran, they caught Arya and Michael running around lost among the many cliffs.

"Any idea where Mom is?" Arya asked.

"No, the gems?" Steven replied

"I was more worried about Ond Mørk Dame" Michael added. "If we don't find her, we're dead!"

"Look, there's Aquamarine!" Robert said, spotting the small blue gem entering some sort of cave, carrying something...it looked like someone, almost.

"I thought gems couldn't form in the dark realm," Arya asked.

"Come on, there's four of us and one of her, she'll hafta answer" Michael said as they ran to the entrance. Inside, they found the robot bodies of the Crystal Gems, without the gems inside, with Aquamarine piling them in the cave, which looked very much alive, almost as if it was the inside of some kind of creature, with the veins providing dim light.

"Humans are inventive creatures, but ultimately foolish" Aquamarine said to herself.

"And the death of the blue butterfly!" Michael added as he pointed his cannon right at her head. Soon, Robert, Steven, and Arya joined in pointing their weapons at Aquamarine. She only smirked as she teleported away in a puff of black smoke, as the automatons sprung to life and attacked our heroes.

The robot body of Pearl and Amethyst grabbed Michael by the arms and tried draining the power from his arm cannon.

Arya used telekinesis to swing the robot body of Garnet into the others, accidentally knocking Michael as well, into a wall. Steven helped Michael out of the wreckage as they continued deeper into the cave. Soon enough, they found White Diamond's gem connected to some kind of machine, turned on its side to act as some sort of display with the unconscious Kalinka laying in front of some kind of display. Our heroes peeked from behind a corner and saw Ond Mørk Dame approach the machine before dropping to the ground.

Aquamarine used her wand and pointed it at Ond Mørk Dame's body as it seemed to transform into some sort of grotesque spider mech, with one of the eyes becoming large and clear to act as a cockpit.