Chapter LXIV: Closing Battle

Our heroes found themselves standing in front of White Diamond herself and her pearl.

"Woah, hello, Satan!" Michael immediately said, seeing her true form. White Diamond frowned.

"Hmm...I expected more from Steven's friends...Where is my original pearl?" White Diamond asked.

"Hold up. You were supposed to think he was his asshole mother." Arya replied. "I read-"

"You're not the only ones who can read the Wiki, human pet...but nevermind that, you won't live long enough to see it again! Your story ends here!" White Diamond declared. "You'll be back soon, Pink."

Garnet and Pearl made their way to the throne room

"You don't understand, you're making a huge-"

"I know exactly what I'm doing! My little friend is waiting for you on the floor below." White Diamond said as she punted Garnet, Pearl, Amethyst off the edge, leaving only Robert, Arya, Michael, and Steven.

Meanwhile, on the floor below, Kalinka was poking around, seemingly looking for someone.

"My sweet Kalinkipoo. You're here!" a sour, familiar voice called out. "I haven't seen you since schooling with Merlin! Oh, and I see you're married! I'm so happy for you!"

Kalinka's eyes narrowed. "I hear you've been abusing my children, Lardna. Care to explain?" She asked, foot tapping.

"Naive as always, Kallie. Your offspring weren't abused, they were...punished." Lardna replied, smiling devilishly. Lardna tried to command Kalinka's shadow to make it grab her, but Kalinka shone a light from her hands to pierce the darkness.

"I was married!" Kalinka retorted. "And Percival was such a loving man!"

"You let him take you from me! A human male!" Lardna yelled, making crocodile tears that soon flooded the room. Kalinka used her magic to make a hole in the wall to drain the water. Unfortunately, she too was taken out of the tower, hanging on the ledge by a thread.

Percival saw his wife hanging, and made a hole from the remains of Alpha, grabbed the edges of it, and used it to propel himself to the hole to catch his wife, and to help her up. When he did, he saw the three gems flying off the floor above them.

Steven and the three Light children ran to the edge, and saw his mother and father.

"Mom! Dad!" the Light children exclaimed. The kids reached their hands out "Grab on!" Michael said, extending a metal hand. Percval grabbed it and almost made Michael fall, but Arya and Robert grabbed Michael's legs to pull him back up. White Diamond looked unimpressed at the performance.

"With all due respect, you're making a big mistake!" Robert said.

"Lardna is EVIL! She is not to be trusted" Kalinka added.

"Lardna? That is what the humans call her? I made a deal with Ond Mørk Dame, She is to bring Pink Diamond back from the shattered!" White Diamond relied. "YOU took her from me!" She fired an eye beam at the family, surrounding them in a blinding light. When she finished, the Light family and Steven looked around.

"Was that supposed to hurt?" Michael asked. "I would say it hurt our eyes, but looking at you is doing more harm to them than any laser could."

"Then this is sure to sting!" Lardna replied, appearing out of the darkness, Before anyone could reply, Lardna made her right hand into a dark spear and pierced Percival's heart. He collapsed on his knees when she took it out.

Steven licked his hand to put it on Percival's wound. "Steven, that won't help...It pierced his heart..." Kalinka replied. There wasn't a dry human eye after that.

"W-W-Well, I can bring you back!" Steven replied, starting to cry.

"Don't" Percival coughed. "I've served my purpose...and my country...and my planet...*gasp*...Remember:...*hack* Even in the darkest night...a Light...always...shines..."

He gasped his final breaths as his eyes finally shut, as his story came to a close...

White Diamond saw Percival and was appalled. "Is this how humans...shatter? They just...leave their corpse? Lifeless...and empty?" she asked herself, covering her mouth. "What have I done?" She looked to Lardna. All eyes were on her at that point.

"I know what you're about to say, Diamond. That's what I hate about gems: They only want something until they lose something...even if it's not theirs" Lardna said coldly, not even looking at her.

"The deal's off!" White Diamond declared, mustering enough courage to keep her composure.

Lardna smiled evilly, with a smile that reached from ear to ear. "I figured as such." she growled. "Cross the Darkness, forever feel the agony of-"

WAAAAIIITTT!!!" An old man's voice yelled.

The door opened, to reveal Aloysius. "This isn't like you!...This isn't like me! I-...This isn't the woman I loved..." he said, trembling.

Lardna turned to him. "I don't know how you got out, but let me assure you: No man will ever walk the Light Realm AGAIN!" She declared, as the void called from beneath her.

Steven was consumed by the Darkness

Amethyst was consumed by the Darkness

Garnet was consumed by the Darkness

Pearl was consumed by the Darkness

Robert was consumed by the Darkness

Michael was consumed by the Darkness

Arya was consumed by the Darkness

Kalinka was consumed by the Darkness

Aloysius was consumed by the Darkness

White Diamond was consumed by the Darkness

Yellow Diamond was consumed by the Darkness

Blue Diamond was consumed by the Darkness

Peridot was consumed by the Darkness

Lapis was consumed by the Darkness

Bismuth was consumed by the Darkness

Dr. Light was consumed by the Darkness

TO BE CONTINUED...