Chapter LXII: Pink Lasagna

Steven, soon enough, found himself sitting in his mother's old throne as Yellow Pearl told Steven what he needed to do.

"You sit on your throne and have your servants do their jobs." Yellow Pearl explained.

"If only Arya could see me now..." Steven said to himself.

"We're informed she was sent to be executed," Yellow Pearl said. "As well as her mother, Robert, and...Michael..."

"Well set them free! They're not criminals, they're my friends!" Steven replied.

"I'm sorry, but I'm afraid that's out of our hands. It was White Diamond's decision." Blue Pearl said.

Steven clasped his head in frustration, as he had no idea what to do. Connie put a hand on his shoulder. "It's gonna be alright." she said.

"No it won't! My friends are gonna get executed because White's paranoid about some fairy-tale!" Steven cried.

MEANWHILE...

The door opened to the dungeon, and a small shadow crept down the stairs. Aquamarine wore a smug look on her face as she saw her five prisoners. "You know, for Lights, your situation seems pretty dark!" she taunted, laughing at her own joke.

"Speaking of darkness, how's about you explain who you were talking to when you brought us here the first time?" Michael asked. Aquamarine's eyes widened. "I said nothing during that trip! The lanky human was rather noisy, though..."

"Really, so you wouldn't mind if the Diamond Authority got to see this?" Michael asked smugly, pulling out a recording of Aquamarine making a deal with the Deep Darkness herself.

"You give that here!" She demanded, flying at him, only for her to be grabbed by Aloysius, and pinned to the ground.

"Now, listen here, golf ball! I don't have time for your nonsense, and you DON'T wanna mess with an alcoholic who hasn't had a drink in three days! Do you understand!?" he spat. Aquamarine nodded.

"Good, now get lost!" he growled as the small blue gem hightailed it out of there. "Here." Aloysius said, throwing the key he snagged off of her to Michael. Michael unlocked the cell doors to his family, and lastly Aloysius, leaving him confused.

"What?...Why would you be so...nice to me?" he asked. "I beat you, I treated you like a slave one minute, then-"

"No man left behind is what Dad always says, now let's go." Arya replied as the shaky drunkard stood up and walked with them out of the prison as the Light family, alongside Aloysius Jones made their daring escape.

As they made it to the first floor of White Diamond's castle, her pearl stood before them.

"You're not going anywhere!" she said.

"And I suppose a great pearl like you's gonna stop--"

Kalinka didn't get to finish her sentence before she and her party was tranquilized by a gas released into the room.

They soon found themselves tied to posts in the center of a large crowd.

"Welp, this is the end." Robert replied. "I didn't even get to finish high school, any last words?"

TO BE CONTINUED...