Chapter XXXV: The Human Zoo

(Special Thanks from Craftfury)

Michael, Steven, Pearl, Amethyst, Peridot, Connie, and Garnet were all on the Roaming Eye, a few billion miles from Earth.

"So how long you think it'll take to get to the Human Zoo?" Michael asked, somewhat impatiently.

"Seventy years..." Garnet stated simply. Michael grew furious.

"My parents will be KILLED in less than a month, and it's gonna take seventy years to get there!?" he yelled.

"Well, we do have the hyperdrive, it may save time," said Pearl. "But if you-"

Michael already pushed the switch to hyperdrive, pushing himself, Steven, and Connie into the seat as the ship launched into hyperspace.

. . .

When they finally reached the Human Zoo, the Roaming Eye slowed down before parking safely in an empty space.

Michael looked over at the Gems, who seemed to be dizzy for some reason.

"How are you dizzy? You don't even have brains." Michael asked, somewhat laughing.

"Oh, well, the thing is the hyperdrive function caused the ship to advance at speeds faster than light, which is what our physical forms are made of, and it caused our forms distort for a while," Pearl explained.

"Alright, and how are we going to get my family out?" Michael asked. "We can't go in guns a-blazing, because they'll alert the higher-ups, and we'll all be killed."

"That, and Michael is the only one with a gun." Steven added.

"And I have just the plan for that," said Garnet as she unfused into Ruby and Sapphire.

"Michael and Connie, you find a way through the air shafts, get your family, and only your family, and get back in the Roaming Eye. Peridot, you hack the security system while we distract the guards." Sapphire explained.

"Good thing Yellow's technicians are good with Variable Weapons Systems," said Michael. "Connie, Are you sure you want to come with me?"

"Yeah, your brother is good in combat, so why wouldn't you be?" said Connie. Michael's cheeks grew pink. "And should we be careful?" Connie asked.

"I never lose!" said Michael as he opened the air vent behind the Roaming Eye. The vent was rather large, but just enough for Michael and Connie to slide through.

The vent eventually got bigger to the point where the two could stand up. "Why would they make the vents this big?" Michael asked. Connie then got out a flashlight and turned it on to reveal the vent was actually a hallway with lights. There was even a map, although the text looked like a combination of Japanese, Korean, Hebrew, Arabian, and Greek.

"Where do you think the exhibit is?" Connie asked.

"Detention block AA-23." a female voice said telepathically. "You are below us."

"By the way, I never got your name, What was it?" Michael asked as he and Connie began moving.

"Arya, now please hurry!" she said.

Michael and Connie ran to what appeared to be the stairs. When they reached the floor above them, they saw the group being led by some blue congresswoman, which Michael easily identified as a Holly Blue Agate, due to her acting rather full of herself and hairstyle, which looked like a boomerang was shoved through her head. Luckily, she didn't see them, and they got to a hollow wall. That's when Connie then noticed a pin on Michael's shirt. "What's that?" Connie asked. "Oh, this?" Michael asked, pointing to the pin. It had a blue lightning bolt and the word "MOTHER" written across the front. "Robert gave it to me after our bout with Yellow Diamond. He calls it the 'Franklin Badge' because it reflects electric attacks, and in reference to Benjamin Franklin." Michael explained.

"Now, Arya, how far are we from where you're at?" Connie asked.

"You are right next to me." said Arya. As Michael was about to use a laser to burn a hole in the wall, Holly was getting close.

"And here we have the prophesied human's family. I sent Aquamarine to get him and his treacherous brother some time ago, but I haven't heard from them since." she said. "Oh well, they shall be executed in a few weeks, so that shouldn't be an issue."

Michael was growing furious from behind the wall. "Michael, don't do it! You'll blow your cover!" Connie whispered. Michael calmed down as she and the Crystal Gems walked past, although, Amethyst was missing for some odd reason. Michael waited until the group was far enough away before he began to burn a hole in the side of the cell with his Michael-buster.

"Don't ya wish your laser was hot-a-like mine?" he sang to himself as a section of the wall fell to the artificial ground inside. A girl who looked slightly older than Michael ran to Michael and wrapped her arms around him.

"I knew you would come!" she said. Michael looked over at Connie, who looked somewhat displeased, although she tried to hide it. Michael heard something from inside the pendants on her ears.

"Stand still" it spoke in a robotic, monotone voice.

"Are you Michael?" a male voice asked from behind a tree. "Michael Light?"

"Uhh...Michael Jones" Michael clarified. "Did you hit your head or something?"

"No, I know you're a Light." the male voice said. "I'm Percy Light, your father, and do you want to know how I know you are my son?"

Michael rolled his eyes. "No, thanks." he replied.

"I want to know!" said Connie enthusiastically. Percy smiled.

"A Light always shines through!" he said. Michael stopped in his tracks and had a flashback.

Michael had a bad day at school that evening, as a bully took his favorite truck. At the dinner table, he looked glum. When Michael told his father, he and his mother told him "A Light always shines through." The kids didn't understand that phrase. "It means, no matter the odds, we Lights never give up, we never burn out, and we never surrender." his father explained. When Michael smapped back to reality, Percy, Arya, and a woman stood before him. "So what do you say?" the woman asked.

"Let's get outta here, but first!" Michael stated before taking the pendants off their ears, and looked for some sort of surveillence system.

With six pendants in his hand, looking right at the nearest camera, he held them up, and crushed them with little effort, shattering them like glass.

"1v1 me Holly!" he yelled. Michael turned to his family. "Connie, you lead my family back to the ship. Wait for me and the Gems there, I'll take on Holly Blue Fagate." he said.

"By yourself?" she asked. "Michael, that's crazy!"

"My brother's good at combat, so why wouldn't I be?" Michael said confidently. Connie smiled. "That's what I like about you, Mikey!" she said as she ran off with Arya, Percy, and Michael's mother.

As Michael got out of the exhibit, Holly Blue Agate blocked the stairs. "Apologies for this, insignificant human, but for this insolence, you shall be executed immediately!" she said as she summoned a whip from the back of her head.

"Bring it, Fagate!" Michael yelled, smiling wide.

"How dare you mispronounce my name! Your foolishness will not aid in your punishment!" Holly yelled.

"You're forgetting something, Fagate!" said Michael.

"And what would that be, insolent human?" Holly growled.

" I          N E V E R           L O S E ! ! !" Michael yelled.

To be continued...

Question of the chapter: Should Michael spare Holly?

Author's note: This is going to be the last chapter I post for about two months, but I will work on them, but I won't be able to post them for two months.