Chapter XXXIX: Back to Earth

After Robert Light's victory, he looked up at the sky and smiled as he saw the Roaming Eye land near to the barn. Michael nearly kicked the hatch off its hinges when he got out. "Come out 'n show yourself, ya dark coward!" he shouted as he charged a shot with his arm cannon. Robert stepped closer to the Roaming eye. "Michael, I already took care of him. It's alright." he said.

Michael looked around to see if he was right. No doppelganger of Robert in sight. "She must've lied to me." He said.

"No, Michael, If you would have listened, she said that he beat him." a female voice said. "You really do take up after your father"

Michael hugged his brother, and the Crystal Gems exited the Roaming eye, followed by Robert's mother, father, and Arya. Arya nearly tackled Robert and Michael in the group hug. "Nice hussle Ari!" his father said before turning his attention to Lapis. "Hey, I'm Percival Light, their father." he said, putting out his hand. "You can call me Percy"

Lapis shook it. "I'm Lapis, Robert's Friend." she said. Percy was about half a head shorter than Garnet, and had a lot of muscle on his body. "Speaking of which, where is the little devil?" he asked, approaching Robert.

"Dad?" he asked. Percy cleared Michael and Arya away so he could wrap his hands around his firstborn son, whom he hasn't seen in ten years. " I see you found yourself a girlfriend!" he teased, pointing at Lapis. Robert blushed.

"I see you've gotten better in the last ten years!" a female voice said, emerging from the Roaming Eye,

"Actually, we only came around July" Michael said.

"We lived with Lardna the rest of the time." Robert added. The name seemed to scare her.

"Mom? What's wrong?" Arya asked. Their mother hugged Robert and Michael and cried.

"Lardna Jones?" she asked. Robert and Michael nodded.

"Listen to me, that woman is pure evil!" she said.

"Yeah, we know. We lived in her dungeon." Robert said.

"Wait a minute!" Amethyst interrupted. "When I looked in your memories, I saw you at Chuck-e-Cheese ten years ago! Your story doesn't add up."

"She's got a point." Pearl said.

"That's where we ran when it happened." Michael said. "We wanted to take our minds off it for a while, so we went there, not realizing you needed money for tokens" Robert added.

"So you left your family behind?" Connie asked. "Michael, how could you?"

"Look, I was three and he was five! We had no combat skills. Would you rather I go with them and you would've never saw me?" Michael yelled.

"No...I kind of wish your brother did..." Connie grumbled. Unfortunately for her, Michael and Robert have excellent hearing. Robert just hung his head in shame and went to sit in the darkest corner of the barn. After which, Michael grew his finger out and poked Connie's upper chest. "Nobody messes with my bro but ME!" he growled before turning to Steven.

"Hey, bud." Michael said. "You haven't said anything this whole story? What gives?"

"I dunno...I guess it's because I expected the Gems to freak out about Pink Diamond being Rose Quartz, Well, that and pokeplushman never gave me the spotlight, even though I'm the character in the title of the source material." he said. Michael pondered that for a second. "Yeah, how DID you know about that? By that point, we just lazily skimmed over the Cluster arc and was about to get into mine where I became a good guy. Don't you find that out in the Wanted or Post Wanted arc?" he asked.

"You're not the only one who can break the fourth wall, Mikey." Steven responded. "I've read the wiki once or twice; now I have a question for you: How come you haven't been using your ice powers?"

"I guess 'cuz it's...what's the word?" Michael responded. "Situational?" Steven asked. Michael snapped his fingers and pointed at Steven, which was a sign that he is correct.

"You know who ELSE needs some attention in this story?" Steven asked. "Definitely Amethyst. We had a good thing going with 'Project Nora' but we sort of swept it under the rug and pretended it didn't happen," Michael responded.

"Hey, what about your bro?" Steven asked. "Ah, he'll be fine." Michael said.

To be continued...

Add this story to your private library if you want to stay updated

XxDiamond_GodxX

Craftfury

SardsSU

queen-of-moonlight

Mais_The_Queen

emeraldacrystalgem34

spacezaddylars44

Queeenslayer2001

Stormysue14number2

StarReRe

The_Lovely_Starlight