Chapter LIV: Star Lars

Robert, Lapis, Steven, and Arya were back in Beach City, now a lot less tired and it took less time. Robert parked back at his house. As soon as the party got out of the car, Lion came barreling towards Steven and nuzzled against him. Michael went out of the house. "What's goin' on?" he asked.

"Michael, you're not gonna believe this, but LARDNA is the one controlling the darkness we're supposed to beat!" Robert said, Michael's eyes widened before he shrugged. "I kinda figured she had something to do with it." Michael said. "Anyway, what's Lion doing here?"

Lion growled, as if he was trying to say something before shaking, releasing a letter, which Arya caught. She looked over the letter. "I can't read this, it looks like Wingdings on crack." she said. Lapis snatched it out of her hand and read it aloud.

"Dear Steven, Human Michael, and Robertsite,

We are under attack, and we need your help. Get here as soon as you can.

Rhodonite, Padparapsha, Fluorite, Rutile, and Human Lars."

She read off. "You told me about them, they're the off-colors, right?"

"Yeah, and it sounds like they need our help." Robert said.

"Well, please be safe." Lapis replied before kissing him on the cheek, to which Robert blushed and kissed her back.

"Well, THAT was cringe, let's go," Michael said.

"I'm coming, too!" Arya declared.

"Really?" Steven asked.

"Yeah, I'm tired of my idiot brothers getting to have all the fun. Besides, I'll get to go to space WITHOUT a ridiculous outfit." Arya said.

"Not without a weapon, you're not." Michael said, pulling out Nightstrider and handing it to her.

"I thought she was gonna get the Warhammer Amethyst snagged in the pyramid." Robert said.

"Well, I changed my mind." Michael replied. "Let's go."

Lion laid down, allowing Robert, Michael, Arya, and Steven to enter the mane. "Hold your breath," Steven warned before jumping in, followed by Arya, Michael, and lastly Robert.

(Loading...)

The Light children and Steven emerged from Lars' hair into a spaceship, with Lars as the captain, and rocking a new outfit.

"Whoa...Lars...You have a crew? Where did you get this ship?" Steven asked.

"Stole it while we were looking for a way off that rock." Lars chuckled.

"Those clothes really 'suit' you." Michael said, eliciting a giggle form Arya and a groan from Robert.

Rhodonite looked back to see them and ran to hug Steven before letting go. "I'm sorry. Lars taught me these things called 'hugs,' and..." Steven hugged her back. "And who's this? Another human?" she asked, looking at Arya.

"Hiya, I'm Arya. and you've met my brothers." the young psychic replied, pointing at Robert and Michael. Rhodonite responded by hugging Robert next. She would have hugged Michael, but he jumped back before she could grab him in her embrace. Robert enjoyed the hug immensely.

"We're...not...here...for...a reunion...Emerald...is...on...her...way" Fluorite said, just before an explosion caused the ship to rock. A hostile green gem appeared before them on the monitor.

"Fools! Did you really think you off-color scum could make off with my Sun incinerator? It emits a trail I could follow for lightyears!" She bellowed. "I won that ship fair and square, so I suggest you hand it over and turn yourselves in! Oh, and I see you have the fugitives! All the more reason to surrender!"

"Fire all you want, You'll never take us down! You wouldn't destroy your own ship, would you?" Lars replied.

"If it means taking all of you down, then gladly!" Emerald growled before the monitor shut off.

"We should have some smaller one-gem fighters we can use to protect ourselves" Padparapsha suggested.

"But who's gonna pilot them?" Rhodonite asked. Michael cleared his throat.

"You're looking at the undefeated KING of Star Fox" Michael said. "Steven ain't so bad, either."

"So what if you can play a stupid video game about spaceships, have you actually FLOWN one?" Arya asked.

"When have you ever?" Michael asked sarcastically.

"More than you have, Mr. Bigshot!" Arya retorted.

Michael and Arya continued to bicker until Robert pushed them apart. "This isn't getting us anywhere, How simple are the controls, Paddy?"

"They're so easy, a defective Pearl with one broken eye could understand it, Robertsite." Padparapsha replied.

"Alright, Let's go." Robert said, taking Steven, Michael, and Arya with him to the ship hangar, where the lights came on, revealing three identical spaceships in a V-shape formation.

"Aw, geez. Are two of us gonna have to squeeze in a seat?" Robert asked, really not wanting to share a seat with his brother. Arya felt awkward, knowing what she was going to have to do. "I think I know what we have to do. Steven, I know I said I didn't want to, but we're gonna have to," Arya said, holding out her hand.

Steven knew exactly what she meant as he took it, making their minds and bodies become one.

(Picture not available, maybe you could draw what you imagine and send it to me at (my email address) so I can upload it here, credit going to you)

"Let's go" they said as they got in their ships and took off to either take down Emerald, or die trying.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Question of the chapter: Where do you think the last melody is?