Chapter XLI.V: Kevin gets a Girlfriend.

(Author's Note: I know this title is confusing, but it's actually 41.5 in Roman Numerals. I added this because it is a short chapter, and doesn't add much to the story.)

Robert was rather bored that day. With nobody to talk to, and nothing to do, he went outside. That's when he noticed Kevin attempting to pick up Sadie.

"Get that fat butt in here!" he said. Sadie slapped him "I have a boyfriend!" She growled as she stormed off. Robert saw an opportunity to help Kevin, as crazy as it sounded, and he approached him.

"What do you want, you psycho? You wanna play hero or something?" he said.

"No, I want to help you improve how you approach women. You seem to have trouble getting a date, and I want to help you." Robert explained.

"Nah, I'm just getting a side girl, y'know?" Kevin responded. Robert shook his head. "Lies. Look, I have enough money to pay for a good shirt and an Old Navy gift card, I can help you." he explained.

Kevin looked around. "The squirt with the gun isn't gonna come after me, is he?" he said, quieter.

"I'll make sure of it, now let's go." he said, walking to Goodwill. Robert found Kevin a few dress and polo shirts that fit him just right. At first, Kevin didn't like the shirts, because they "didn't suit his style".

"Kevin, your 'style' is the main issue...no offense," he said. "And besides, it could be much worse, you could've been possessed by a 14-year-old."

Kevin rolled his eyes as Robert paid for the two shirts. "How do you know so much about girls? Never seen you around one." he asked.

"In our group, girls outnumber boys two to one, Nine to four if you count Garnet as two." Robert responded. "Who's Garnet? And why would she count as two?" Kevin asked. Robert thought for a moment

"Long story, It's best if I don't say anything." Robert responded, heading out with him and going to Old Navy. That's when Robert noticed Kevin's pants were purposefully tattered. He shook his head and bought him several dark blue jeans that weren't ripped. Kevin had no arguments, because blue jeans work with anything.

Robert took Kevin to a park bench where he taught Kevin how to be more respectful.

"You should start by looking at the girl directly in the eye, or at least at her face. Maybe her necklace if she has one, but never say anything about their breasts unless they ask. Tell them your interests, actually listen to what they have to say, especially if it seems important. As Mom and Dad will say 'There's a reason God gave you two ears and one mouth" He explained.

"Why you telling me this, man? You think you hot stuff or something?" Kevin retorted.

"No, I just want to tell you that most women want to be respected, not insulted, and not patronized." He said. "Look, I'm just trying to help." He said.

"Get outta here! All you did was waste my time!" he yelled. Robert got up and gave him a disappointed look before walking back to his house.

Just then, he got back in his car and drove around aimlessly for a while until he stumbled upon someone familiar to him.

She walked to him after he parked the car. "Kevin?" She asked, Kevin turned around. "Sahara? What're you doing here?"

"Well, I saw you in town and I wanted to know what's going on with you?" She said. "I see you're dressed a whole lot better, too, When did you go clothes shopping?"

"T-Today" He said. He was about to make a comment about her rear, but instead, what came out was "Are those earrings new?"

Sahara smiled. "They are, I'm glad you're noticing things other than my rack" she said. They agreed to coffee and they talked a lot about where they've been.

"...So yeah, College is a pain" Sahara concluded. "I'll bet, especially in the medical field" Kevin responded. There was a bit of silence from Sahara for a bit before she asked. "Where...did you get this new style?"

Kevin thought for a moment before saying "Some kid who thought I needed help."

They agreed to do this again next week at the same time.

To be continued...

(Author's Note: I know a lot of people hate Kevin, and I can see why, but I figured it would be cool to see Robert help him out. We all know Steven wouldn't)